Respected Contributor

Any other NBA fans here?  The first games of the first round have been exciting.  Yesterday, most of the favored teams won.  Today, the opposite with several potentially serious injuries, including Giannis, Ja Morant and Tyler Herro.  It shoud be a great playoff series!

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fanatic, but I'll tune in if I have some time to spare.

Respected Contributor

Yes!

I feel it is our Celtics time...but a lot of tough teams to go through first.

I will have to read up on the injuries, Giannis is a marvelous player but an even better generous, caring man. I hope they all heal quickly.

Going to be exciting playoffs as evidenced by the way it already started, right out of the gate.

Respected Contributor

@DSD2 Giannis and Ja both had negative xrays so may be back as early as game 2. 

Tyler Herro broke a couple of fingers in his right hand and will be out 4 - 6 weeks.  It happened seconds before the end of the first half and for whatever reason, he was told to stay on the floor.  He ended up having to make a shot attempt with his broken hand.  It was obvious he was in excrutiating pain.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update! Prayers for healing.

Trusted Contributor

@DSD2   Crossing my fingers for the Celtics! They had a fabulous regular season.  Love Jaylen Brown, and Tatum, White, Brogdon , Hauser, and, well, ALL of the guys!  Go Celts!

boston-celtics-logos.jpg

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@DSD2   Crossing my fingers for the Celtics! They had a fabulous regular season.  Love Jaylen Brown, and Tatum, White, Brogdon , Hauser, and, well, ALL of the guys!  Go Celts!

boston-celtics-logos.jpg

@LdyBugz fingers crossed - absolutely! They are all wonderful but I have a special place in my heart for Al Horford, the elder statesman who has ice water through his veins and always comes through in the clutch.

Respected Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs

[ Edited ]

The Celtics do look good again this year.  In the East, I think it will come down to them or the 76ers. 

I'm a Warriors fan.  I'm glad that Andrew Wiggins is back, but I think they will have a tough time this year.  I'm liking the Nuggets and the Clippers in the West.  The Lakers also played well yesterday.

Trusted Contributor

@DSD2  Yes!  Al, too!  Love him!  The only one that stresses me out is Pritchard.  He always wants to go for the 3-pointer but always seems to miss it.  Rather see him drive it in for a sure shot at 2 pts. 

Can't wait for tomorrow's game!  ☘

Respected Contributor

The first round has been very exciting (and physical) so far.  Several key players have been injured.   in addition to Giannis, Ja and Tyler Herro, Kawhi Leonard and Joel Embiid are at least temporarily out due to knee sprains.  Joel really took a beating in last night's game.