Honored Contributor

@Jackson08 wrote:

We've watched the races all week.  I'm really enjoying Clint Boyer's commentating.  It's funny and refreshing. 

@Jackson08 

Me too! He adds a new type of humor and perspective to the Fox broadcasts. 

I DVR every show I watch. Had my DVR set for over 6 hours, but my recordings ended with 40 laps to go. Fortunately I have Fox Sports 1, and they ran a condensed version of the race. I did get to see those last 40 laps. What a finish, and I am glad no driver was seriously injured.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@nana59 

As am I. Since the death of Dale Earnhardt Sr. Nascar as added so many safety factors to the race cars and their tracks, I don't believe any driver has died since. 

My guy was up front and my #2 guy was 2nd. Not sure exactly what precipitated it because it can only be known by the first few drivers at the front. I am hoping to hear what they have to say tonight on the Nascar Race Hub Show.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@depglass 

I DVR every single show I watch. I had the race set to record over 6 hours. After the first 15 laps, I fast forward, until the Daytona 500 started again.

I have no idea about the Busch Clash because I was scanning at 300 times the speed. I had only enough recorded to get to 40 laps left in the race.  I explained how I managed to see the rest of the race in another post to @Jackson08 in this thread. It was on Fox Sports 1 Network

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

via fb

Today like so many others I sat in front of my TV watching the Infinity race at Daytona. I admit I did so with a certain sense of detachment although it was not always the case. For 17 and 1/2 years I hosted a weekly Friday night program on QVC entitled For Race Fans Only. In its own simple way, the show became somewhat of a phenomenon. At one point I was doing similar programing on ESPN and also the Speed Channel as well. I had the honor and pleasure of working with the biggest names in motorsports. Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon and of course Dale Earnhardt.

The most often asked questions from my viewers who know me is will the show ever return and sadly the answers is no. The industry has changed and much like eight-track tapes it is a thing of the past, but as they say, "It sure was fun while it lasted."

Tomorrow like many others I will sit and watch the Daytona 500, but it will not be the same. Twenty years ago, the sport lost their greatest driver. On the last lap of the race Dale Earnhardt lost his life and as much as he has been remembered for being the tough guy I can only think of the respect and kindness he always offered me while asking little in return. He was on my show more than a dozen times and frankly him sitting next to me during those interviews is what gave me whatever credibility I might have earned in the NASCAR community. I miss him. I miss him purposely calling me Dave instead of Dan just to bust my stones. I miss the countless hours of conversations while at the track and off camera. Most of all, I miss his advice and his friendship.

So. tomorrow I will watch the Daytona 500 like so many, but I will choose to do so alone in my office because my wife knows I am an emotional man an embarrass easily.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

And I watched all of them, even ordered a few things. During that time QVC had a sponsored car. It was the Black #7, think it was a Chevy, driven by Geof Bodine. Don't remember if he won many races, but it was interesting and fun to watch.

Dan also had a guest Nascar Driver on most of those shows, including my favorite Wild Bill from Dawsonville. That would be Bill Elliott who drove mostly #9, but later changed to #94.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

via fb

Today like so many others I sat in front of my TV watching the Infinity race at Daytona. I admit I did so with a certain sense of detachment although it was not always the case. For 17 and 1/2 years I hosted a weekly Friday night program on QVC entitled For Race Fans Only. In its own simple way, the show became somewhat of a phenomenon. At one point I was doing similar programing on ESPN and also the Speed Channel as well. I had the honor and pleasure of working with the biggest names in motorsports. Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon and of course Dale Earnhardt.

The most often asked questions from my viewers who know me is will the show ever return and sadly the answers is no. The industry has changed and much like eight-track tapes it is a thing of the past, but as they say, "It sure was fun while it lasted."

Tomorrow like many others I will sit and watch the Daytona 500, but it will not be the same. Twenty years ago, the sport lost their greatest driver. On the last lap of the race Dale Earnhardt lost his life and as much as he has been remembered for being the tough guy I can only think of the respect and kindness he always offered me while asking little in return. He was on my show more than a dozen times and frankly him sitting next to me during those interviews is what gave me whatever credibility I might have earned in the NASCAR community. I miss him. I miss him purposely calling me Dave instead of Dan just to bust my stones. I miss the countless hours of conversations while at the track and off camera. Most of all, I miss his advice and his friendship.

So. tomorrow I will watch the Daytona 500 like so many, but I will choose to do so alone in my office because my wife knows I am an emotional man an embarrass easily.

I feel the same way.  Our whole family never missed a race.  My husband and sons were diehard Earnhardt fans...I was a Dale Jarrett fan.  I miss the Dale & Dale show!  It was never the same after Dale died.  I bought more than a few diecast cars from the For Race Rans Only show and they are still around here somewhere!