Honored Contributor

NASCAR: Southern 500 (9/6/2015)

Anyone else watching?  I'm really enjoying this.  I had no idea they were going all retro, including the announcers in the booth and the great retro commercials thrown in.

I haven't watched a race from end to end in a few years.  This is really wonderful.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Re: NASCAR: Southern 500 (9/6/2015)

I am!   Rooting for Dale Jr  , but as usual ~Smiley Frustrated

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Occasional Contributor

Hi.  Watching as well and really enjoying it.  I, like you, had no idea they were going retro, but this has been a wonderful addition to a classic race/racetrack.  Lots of ineresting memories and facts I had forgotten.  And the classic "Mean Joe Greene" commercial warmed my heart.  And the mellow yellow car, wow, I had forgotten about that.  Cant believe just 2 weeks to The Chase.  Enjoy the rest of the race, and let's hope they have some longer stretches of racing.  Been a lot of cautions for Darlington.  

Honored Contributor

I'm a Gordon fan (started with Terry LaBonte, moved to Gordon when he retired, moving to Jr. when Jeff retires).

I love the night races.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm a Gordon fan (started with Terry LaBonte, moved to Gordon when he retired, moving to Jr. when Jeff retires).

I love the night races.  

Yes, yes, yes !  Night races are somehow just even more exciting !

Going to be hard to imagine Gordon no longer on the track.  His career served him well!  I remember when he was married to Brooke.  I was not a Brooke fan. Smiley Tongue

I was a Dale Sr. fan, then went to Dale Jr.  Amy is a lucky girl! Smiley Very Happy

Occasional Contributor

Always loved Gordon.  Still pulling for him.  Would like to see him make The Chase in his final season.  Right now, my fav is Jimmy Johnson.  Although I like some of the younger drivers on the circut too. 

Trusted Contributor

I hereby confess to being a "Kyle hater." Smiley Very Happy

Occasional Contributor

HAHA.  Wont hold it against you.  He is definitely one of the "bad" boys.  Not my favorite.  either.  Although back in the day, he was the calmer one and his brother was the one raising cain all the time. But, have to admit, I pull against him in every race.  And, I am assuming you weren't referring to Kyle Larson --Smiley Happy
 I actually like him.  

Trusted Contributor

@Psalm23 wrote:

HAHA.  Wont hold it against you.  He is definitely one of the "bad" boys.  Not my favorite.  either.  Although back in the day, he was the calmer one and his brother was the one raising cain all the time. But, have to admit, I pull against him in every race.  And, I am assuming you weren't referring to Kyle Larson --Smiley Happy
 I actually like him.  

lol  You are correct on which "Kyle." Smiley LOL     I never was a Kurt fan , and he certainly has had his share of controversy !     I like Kyle even less!    

Honored Contributor

The sport would be better without Kyle or Kurt for me, but if teams and sponsors feel that winning on the track is important even if you don't have any fans, then so be it.  

I can't believe Joe Gibbs and M&Ms stuck with Kyle.  I guess in the end it's all about $$ and less about character.

I think Jeff will be good in the booth.  No one tops DW for me, he never changes, even in a suit and tie, he's still ole DW.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN