Honored Contributor

NASCAR Bristol Race

[ Edited ]

Finally some good luck for Chase Elliott, and once again, a fast car. He was due after being #2 in a couple races, with good luck he might have won.

He is not my top favorite driver, but his dad was, and in history, still is #1 to me. Way to go Chase and your whole Crew!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

John, while I acknowledge Bill Elliott's expertise as a great Nascar driver, Dale Earnhart, Sr. was my man!

I have a huge collection of his 1:24 diecast cars in display cases and even had a small tattoo done when he died, the black  #3 with wings on my ankle.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It's no secret that my favorite driver is Ryan Newman.  He and his ex-wife built Rescue Ranch to care for abandoned animals.  And he has an engineering degree from Purdue, which is never a bad thing when working the angles on the track.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

I met Ryan at a Michigan race years ago. His driving style has always seemed to pattern that of Dale Sr., at least to me. To me he is a clean driver, but like any Cup driver, when it comes the time in the race for positions? "It is now racing time" and do what's necessary to maintain or gain your spot on the track.

While we don't have a ranch, we have rescued large numbers of felines over the 20+ years we have lived here. Many of that number ended up with our large indoor only family. Your info about Ryan's concern for helpless animals, along with his family, has just moved him up higher on my list of favorite drivers. I stated in my other post who are my present favorites, and my All Time favorite driver.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  I have such respect for those who choose to help the less fortunate animals in the world.  You and your wife have my respect , and I'm sure the kitties have repayed you with their snuggles and love.

Ryan Newman appears to be relatively low-key off-track, but a force to be reckoned with during a race.  He is not quite as 'cutthroat' as some of the 'young guns' in the game today, but can get the job done all the same.  I will always be a fan.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, what a great finish to the Bristol race. Once again 3 of my favorite drivers were involved. Chase Elliott once again in a position  to win, and back to back, races.

Joey Logano hot on his tail. That race for the lead depended on the part of the track. Going into one of the turns, Chase on the bottom, drove in too hard, and oops! The rear grip wasn't quite there.

Up goes his rear into Logano and both end up into the wall. My other favorite Keslowski managed to take the lead and his 2nd race. Luck, of course, but luck didn't get him in that position to win. Throw in pit stops and his crew and we all know Nascar Racing is a Team Sport.

Loved this race and at Bristol, you never know.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)