Super Contributor

Re: N.Y. Yankees, 2015 season, all are welcome. :)

On 4/9/2015 sugarftmom said:
On 4/9/2015 Riverside said:

Hi, sugarftmom, I remember that game. Thanks for the memory! My brother visited the Astrodome in the late '60's and I still have the Astrodome key chain he gave me.

Do you have a favorite team? My team is the Yankees.

Hi, Riverside. I edited my post to admit that I didn't know those things until I saw the film clips today. At that time I was in high school and we all rooted for the Reds...my Mom's favorite...no choice there. LOL

I've been living in Houston for about 20 years now so I've become an Astros fan. It's not an easy job! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

It's not an easy job, but someone has to do it! Good for you. Were you a Reds fan during the years of the Big Red Machine? That was some team.

It doesn't matter if you only learned about the Astrodome today...you brought back a very nice memory for me. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Those Reds were so awesome!

Yanks lose this game, 6-3. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Have a good Friday!! See ya tomorrow.

Goodnight.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Big series this weekend...Sox vs. Yankees.

The weather tonight is exactly the same as it has been....raw and misty. The weekend's weather is going to be downright spring-like. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tonight's game is on MLB network and WPIX starting at 7:00 eastern.

The starters are Miley and Eovaldi.

Baltimore, Boston and the Jays are all tied for 1st place.

Tampa and Yankees are 1 game back.

Yankees Frankies and Fenway Franks are ready to chow down. Help yourself. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Anyone else here? The Sox are ahead 1 - 0 already, but anything can happen in a Sox/Yanks game, LOL. Big Papi hasn't done much so far this season, but he usually starts out slow and heats up as the season progresses. I don't think he does well in the cooler weather.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Hi Topaz,

Just starting dinner in Jersey. I hate when life gets in the way of my games. lol lol

Respected Contributor

Hi there, Donna! Enjoy your dinner. Traditionally the Sox/Yanks games go on forever, so you have plenty of time. ;-). I'm thinking of making some popcorn and a nice cocktail to celebrate our historic rivalry and the start of the new season. It was a LONG winter!
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Popcorn popped and cocktail made. Life is good. :-)
Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying my margarita. Thanks! You know how I like it. lol

Sox ahead 3-2 in the bottom of the 8th.

Honored Contributor

Bee-u-tee-ful bunt by Gardy!!!

Honored Contributor

Gardy gets caught stealing.