Honored Contributor

Re: N.Y. Yankees, 2015 season, all are welcome. :)

Good inning for CC.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

Donna, if the Yankee bats don't wake up soon (wait...haven't we been saying that for a few years now), I think this game is going to end up in the loss column. We've got a mountain to climb right now.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Riverside said:

Donna, if the Yankee bats don't wake up soon (wait...haven't we been saying that for a few years now), I think this game is going to end up in the loss column. We've got a mountain to climb right now.

Well said, Riverside. What is wrong with this offense.............. we have been asking for YEARS??

Am I going to have to apologize to Kevin Long tonight? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Contributor

Hi, Everyone. Good luck to your Yankees.

This is the 50th anniversary of the Astrodome. The first game played there was an exhibition game between the Astros and the Yankees. The first pitches were done by the astronauts. The first home run in the dome was in that game and was hit by Mickey Mantle.

I really enjoyed the old highlights, and thought you all might like to know.

edited to add: I just learned this stuff today.

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2015 sugarftmom said:

This is the 50th anniversary of the Astrodome. The first game played there was an exhibition game between the Astros and the Yankees. The first pitches were done by the astronauts. The first home run in the dome was in that game and was hit by Mickey Mantle.

Hi, sugarftmom, I remember that game. Thanks for the memory! My brother visited the Astrodome in the late '60's and I still have the Astrodome key chain he gave me.

Do you have a favorite team? My team is the Yankees.

Honored Contributor

ARod makes it 5-2.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 sugarftmom said:

Hi, sugarftmom, I remember that game. Thanks for the memory! My brother visited the Astrodome in the late '60's and I still have the Astrodome key chain he gave me.

Hi sugarftmom, Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing that memory and the details to the game.

Congrats on the anniversary!!

Honored Contributor

Tex makes it 5-3.

Two homers back to back.

Super Contributor

Have the Yankee bats finally started to wake up from a long winter's nap? Way to go Arod and Tex!

Contributor

Hi, Riverside. I edited my post to admit that I didn't know those things until I saw the film clips today. At that time I was in high school and we all rooted for the Reds...my Mom's favorite...no choice there. LOL

I've been living in Houston for about 20 years now so I've become an Astros fan. It's not an easy job! {#emotions_dlg.scared}