Honored Contributor

Re: N.Y. Yankees, 2015 season, all are welcome. :)

On 4/6/2015 sugarftmom said:
On 4/6/2015 Lynnj said: Waving hi to all, and happy opening day! So excited that the long off-season is finally over and we are all ready to begin again. As of today, it's anyones World Series ring to have, I love the feeling of hope that is in the air on opening day. Hope whatever team you root for this season they bring you nothing but joy all through the season. GOOOOOO YANKEES!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} What she said!

I'm an Astros fan since I live in/by Houston. I also root for the Reds because they were my dear Mom's favorite.

Today I especially thank her for giving me the love of the game.

Enjoy, Everyone.

MJT2

Hi, Smiley Happy

Welcome.

What a lovely tribute to your mom.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi Lynn and Riverside, Smiley Happy

Tanaka did not seem to have it today.

Lynn, I was thinking the same thing about Russell and being back home in Canada.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi dmod and Lynn - my DH used to get tickets to the home games all the time when he worked. Since he wasn't a sports enthusiast, he would give me the tickets. My GF and I went all the time. I miss those days - I no longer live in NJ so it would be a long drive!! My Dad gave me the love of the game and the Yankees.
Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 dmod nj said:
On 4/6/2015 MJ 12 said:

Hi dmod {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hi MJ,

LOVE this sign. Smiley Happy

And I LOVE your siggy! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

riley, I am jealous. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I bet you and your gf had a ball going to games.

Can you watch the games wherever you live now?

In what general area of Jersey did you live? I am in northwestern Jersey.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 4/6/2015 dmod nj said:
On 4/6/2015 MJ 12 said:

Hi dmod {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hi MJ,

LOVE this sign. Smiley Happy

And I LOVE your siggy! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} A friend allowed me to use it. It is on loan. lol

Esteemed Contributor

Northern NJ. Are you familiar with Skylands Manor? We lived near there. In fact, our one daughter had her wedding there. I can see the games sometimes. Thank goodness one of our SiLs is also a Yankee fan
Honored Contributor

riley, very familiar with that area. I'm glad you can see the games once in awhile. You can always check back here. One of us usually posts about the games.

Honored Contributor

Yankees lose 6-1. Smiley Sad

Next game is Wednesday, 7:00 eastern on YES.

Contributor

Sorry about the Yankees, but I did enjoy watching Tanaka. It's impressive that he's back and had so much control after his injury, IMO.

Thanks for the thread and the welcome for everyone.