Respected Contributor

Re: N.Y. Yankees, 2015 season, all are welcome. :)

On 4/10/2015 dmod nj said:

jb, what is wrong with your tv?

Hi D.! Margarita sounds good. I've got the Chardonnay going.

My TV was just fine on Monday night. I got up on Tuesday morning and nothing. No signal. Spent hours with the technicians trying to get it going. They finally told me I needed a new digital box. Drove to the office through rush hour traffic and got a new box after work today. Came home and put it all back together. Still no signal. Now I have to get someone to come out and check it which I hate. At least I still have Internet and phone so I can watch on my computer. Guess the gremlins came to visit Monday night while I was sleeping. GRRRRR!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Topaz, your niece is a Yankette? *snicker, snicker*{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I like her already! LOL

I have a dear friend who is a lifelong Sox friend. She and I enjoy teasing one another about our teams.

At least the Yankees are making it competitive in this game!! I love a close, well played, back and forth game. That makes the rivalry fun!!! I hope both of our teams are playing in the fall.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Topaz Gem said: Hi Jb...! My own niece is a Yankette (traitor!), so I'm used to making peace with the rivals, LOL. I like the good-natured ribbing in this thread and am so thankful that everyone gets along. I'd love to see the Sox get a few insurance runs, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

This is a nice place to be during games. We can all have fun with no ugly stuff happening. Just ribbing as you say. Look forward to sharing the season with you.

Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Donna, I'll take you up on your offer of a margarita, thanks! ;-) Big Papi just struck out. He's not making any magic yet. Bottom of the 9th and only 1 run ahead!
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2015 jbinrwc said:

My TV was just fine on Monday night. I got up on Tuesday morning and nothing. No signal. Spent hours with the technicians trying to get it going. They finally told me I needed a new digital box. Drove to the office through rush hour traffic and got a new box after work today. Came home and put it all back together. Still no signal. Now I have to get someone to come out and check it which I hate. At least I still have Internet and phone so I can watch on my computer. Guess the gremlins came to visit Monday night while I was sleeping. GRRRRR!

How annoying!!! I hope it gets fixed soon for you. At least it isn't the tv itself. That is $$$$$ to replace.

*passing you a margarita*

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

P.S. Besides myself, my Mom is the only other Yankette in the family. The other women barely know what baseball is. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

How annoying!!! I hope it gets fixed soon for you. At least it isn't the tv itself. That is $$$$$ to replace.

*passing you a margarita*

Thanks for the margarita. I need it. It's Yankees-Sox weekend as well as the Masters golf tournament which I look forward to every year. I think I can watch that on my computer as well. I sure hope so.

Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Topaz Gem said: Donna, I'll take you up on your offer of a margarita, thanks! ;-) Big Papi just struck out. He's not making any magic yet. Bottom of the 9th and only 1 run ahead!

*passing Topaz a margarita*

My husband brought home tequila from Mexico City. He goes there for business often and brings me home all different kinds of tequila. I am not sure what kinds they are...but they do make the margaritas taste different depending on which one I use.

Honored Contributor

P.S. Besides myself, my Mom is the only other Yankette in the family. The other women barely know what baseball is. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hope Mom is doing well. Smiley Happy Hopefully, the coming week's weather will be more spring-like. It's been raw and damp here all week.

Honored Contributor

Yankees down to their last out.