Honored Contributor

@Spurt There was one person that I did like on FS1, Katy Nolan. She is a bright , engaging young woman who does great interviews. However that stupid network doesn't know how to use her. Her show " garbage time " won an Emmy, but they moved it around, and finally cancelled it. They are idiots.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Wow I'm watching Mike & Mike right now, I haven't seen them in forever.  Golic looks great.  He lost a ton of weight.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Mike and Mike

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Wow I'm watching Mike & Mike right now, I haven't seen them in forever.  Golic looks great.  He lost a ton of weight.

@VaBelle35

Mike & Mike and MNF is the only show I watch on ESPN.(except during football season) ....and with ESPN's plan to break up the duo....I wont be watching that show. On MNF I can't stand that new play by play guy......................Anyway, yes Golic has lost a lot of weight, he looks good.  And he still loves food the way he talks...LOL.  I think I read somewhere he has Type 2 diabetes....so I dont know how he balances that and stays in great shape all the while eating donuts and all kinds of fried food and sweets he talks about....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I enjoy Mike & Mike very much and will hate to see them split.  If I had to choose one it would be Golic all the way.  Love how he's old school football and not so PC.  From what I read recently ESPN is leaning to Trey something, not Golic Jr.  Greenie's show will never make it on it's own. 

Honored Contributor

You know, they said the same thing about Paul Simon when Simon & Garfunkle broke up.

And Logins and Messina, too.  LOL

We'll probably be surprised.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Mike and Mike

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

I enjoy Mike & Mike very much and will hate to see them split.  If I had to choose one it would be Golic all the way.  Love how he's old school football and not so PC.  From what I read recently ESPN is leaning to Trey something, not Golic Jr.  Greenie's show will never make it on it's own. 

@brandiwine

I do like Golic, I like his old school football style too and his honesty and telling it like it is instead of being PC which seems so prevelant these days on ESPN Woman Frustrated

Oh, Trey Wingo---I like him he does a lot of the football stuff  (he took over for Boomer on the ESPN draft too and did a good job, so much better than Boomer)---I was flipping channels between ESPN & The NFL Network---there were several people on the NFL Network I dont like that they had doing the draft so I went back and forth).....Trey has also done some of the NFL pre-game shows so I wonder if they will change that or if he will have to do both shows during the NFL season.....

Trey has filled in for Greeny before on Mike & Mike several times, and they were teasing him about only having one shirt because they showed a tape of him wearing the same shirt when he hosted before.  I think he and Golic will work well together.....  I dont think Greeny has the following to make it solo........and he gets stuck on one topic and that's it---- all he'll talk about ....he's like a bulldog with a bone and wont let it go...and bores you to death ........  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

You know, they said the same thing about Paul Simon when Simon & Garfunkle broke up.

And Logins and Messina, too.  LOL

We'll probably be surprised.

@VaBelle35

Well that was music and this is sports so we'll have to sit back and watch how it all unfolds............

Honored Contributor

Wow I'm reading that the Mike's relationship has deteriorated to such an extent that they may cut the current show short. The show is still professional, but outside of that , they don't speak. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Wow I'm reading that the Mike's relationship has deteriorated to such an extent that they may cut the current show short. The show is still professional, but outside of that , they don't speak. 

@QVCkitty1

WOW!!!  Where did you read that, I'd like to see that article too.....Ive been watching the show and they may disagree on certain topics, but I didn't notice any anomosity and they were still having some fun with non sports topics too.....if there was that much depreciation I think it would have to come out. I think Greeny thinks he's a true journalist but I think he's gotten downright boring....Now I have noticed Greeny beating topics to death.....how long on one show and for how many days does he have to bring up the SAME subject over and over and over and over again!!!  Sometimes I do detect Golic getting a bit annoyed, but I don't blame Golic he might state his position as a former player but Greeny continues to bring it up over and over again!!!  I just wonder what shape Greeny's new show will take.....extensive interviews or just one topic (he's got that down pat for sure).Woman Frustrated.perhaps Greeny has gotten a bit full of himself with this new upcoming show!............I think Trey Wingo & Golic will be fun and informative at least that's what I hope...Mike & Mike is one of the few shows I watch on ESPN anymore!  I've enjoyed Booger McFarland and Adnan Virk as substitutes and they dont seem to repeat topics as often either....and like Adnan's movie talk.......... 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1

WOW!!!  Where did you read that, I'd like to see that article too.....Ive been watching the show and they may disagree on certain topics, but I didn't notice any anomosity and they were still having some fun with non sports topics too.....if there was that much depreciation I think it would have to come out. I think Greeny thinks he's a true journalist but I think he's gotten downright boring....Now I have noticed Greeny beating topics to death.....how long on one show and for how many days does he have to bring up the SAME subject over and over and over and over again!!!  Sometimes I do detect Golic getting a bit annoyed, but I don't blame Golic he might state his position as a former player but Greeny continues to bring it up over and over again!!!  I just wonder what shape Greeny's new show will take.....extensive interviews or just one topic (he's got that down pat for sure).Woman Frustrated.perhaps Greeny has gotten a bit full of himself with this new upcoming show!............I think Trey Wingo & Golic will be fun and informative at least that's what I hope...Mike & Mike is one of the few shows I watch on ESPN anymore!  I've enjoyed Booger McFarland and Adnan Virk as substitutes and they dont seem to repeat topics as often either....and like Adnan's movie talk.......... 

@Spurt, If you Google  Mike and Mike you will see the stories. Like you I was surprised, because the shows themselves seem the same. I think that Greenberg's show will tank, because he is so annoying. It seems that Golic's radio show will be simulcast on ESPNU, I get that on my cable so I will watch that.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan