Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mets, Don't Break My Heart

@dmod nj wrote:

Read  Joe Girardi and Carlos Beltran are up on the list of replacements. 

@dmod nj I would love an ex Met fan favorite to lead the team! I know it would defintiely bring the fans out to the ballpark. But that's not  usually managements #1 priority.... !!

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Buck Showalter is thinking about applying to lead the Mets next year. I heard him say so in an discussion during the playoffs. Doubt he’ll be hired or even interviewed. He just signed a contract with YES, the Yankees network, so I don’t know why he’d be looking to manage the Mets. 

No matter who they hire, I hope it’s someone who can really bring out the best in a team of talented players. The Mets should do much better than their overall season record shows. I’m an ardent Yankee fan, but as a New Yorker, I want all our teams to do well, in every sport.

Hi @gizmogal  well stated. ITA with your post.   I am a rabid NY Yankees fan but  root for the Mets to do well. It's a win-win when both NY baseball teams do well. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj I would love an ex Met fan favorite to lead the team! I know it would defintiely bring the fans out to the ballpark. But that's not  usually managements #1 priority.... !!

Hi @Ibby114  Anyone in particular?   That's a great idea, but managment never consults us, do they? lol I'm sure we all have great ideas! Why don't they ever call us? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi @Ibby114  Anyone in particular?   That's a great idea, but managment never consults us, do they? lol I'm sure we all have great ideas! Why don't they ever call us? 

@dmod nj  funny story, I was at Spring Training 2002 or 2003 and was sitting near an older gentleman, he was fascinated that a female was such a baseball fan. David Cone was pitching at the time -- and this gentleman and I talked about David, what great things he could bring to the team to finish his professional career, etc. The guy looked familiar but I couldn't place him. Turned out I was chatting with Fred Wilpon- and he didn't listen to me!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj  funny story, I was at Spring Training 2002 or 2003 and was sitting near an older gentleman, he was fascinated that a female was such a baseball fan. David Cone was pitching at the time -- and this gentleman and I talked about David, what great things he could bring to the team to finish his professional career, etc. The guy looked familiar but I couldn't place him. Turned out I was chatting with Fred Wilpon- and he didn't listen to me!!

That's a great story, @Ibby114 !  What is wrong with these men who don't want to listen?   lol lol    

I'm sure your advice, thoughts and opinions were well thought out and valid.   He missed a golden opportunity!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

That's a great story, @Ibby114 !  What is wrong with these men who don't want to listen?   lol lol    

I'm sure your advice, thoughts and opinions were well thought out and valid.   He missed a golden opportunity!  

@dmod nj  I should have put 2 + 2 together. Tommy Lasorda stopped by to chat - I'm oblivious to 'famous' people, though!  Steve Phillips (the GM at the time) even made  some suggestive comment to me Woman Frustrated. What a pig, the stories I heard about him years later didn't surprise me!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj  I should have put 2 + 2 together. Tommy Lasorda stopped by to chat - I'm obliovious to 'famous' people, though!  Steve Phillips (the GM at the time) even made  some suggestive comment to me Woman Frustrated. What a pig, the stories I heard about him years later didn't surpirse me!

@Ibby114  I've heard those stories about him too. Didn't want to believe them, but now..............................I do. Wow, disgusting!