Honored Contributor

Mets David Wright’s Last Game

For all you long suffering Mets fans tonight is David Wright’s last game. He will be playing third base with his teammate Jose Reyes at shortstop ( probably his last game as a Met). It will be a sad game to watch, but it will be great seeing these two players together again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mets David Wright’s Last Game

I read that he last played in a game in 2016.  Yet, he's still referred to as the Mets' captain.  Has he been with the team all this time - i.e., in the dugout, travelling to road games, etc?

Esteemed Contributor

Love David Wright!! My son got us tickets.We will be there for this historic game. David is a class act all the way.He fought back hard against his injuries to be able to come back.Unfortunatly,it wasn’t meant to be.

I’ll be routing for him. And when he takes his final bow I’ll be cheering & crying  😢 every step of the way.

Goodbye David.You’re a beloved player.You will never be forgotten.Good luck in all your future endeavors!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Love David Wright!! My son got us tickets.We will be there for this historic game. David is a class act all the way.He fought back hard against his injuries to be able to come back.Unfortunatly,it wasn’t meant to be.

I’ll be routing for him. And when he takes his final bow I’ll be cheering & crying  😢 every step of the way.

Goodbye David.You’re a beloved player.You will never be forgotten.Good luck in all your future endeavors!!

@NicksmomESQ, your lucky to have gotten tickets, I hear the stadium is sold out and you can get tickets on the secondary market at a very high price.

Honored Contributor

Just watched David Wright walk off the field for the last time, very bittersweet. You really couldn't ask for a better sendoff, Keith and Gary in the booth were emotional. If this had been a movie, David would have hit a homerun.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an incredible night.Being there was awesome!! The atmosphere was electric.There is no doubt New York Mets fans love David Wright!!

From the moment his little girl threw out the first pitch,to David taking the field for the last time, to him visiting the SNY booth, to his speech,through all the cheers & tears. David exhibited poise & class. His love for fans & the Mets Organization was only matched by our love for him!!

Props to the Mets front office for giving David the classy send off he so richly deserved!!

Good luck Captain. You will always be one of the best. You will be sorely missed!! 😢😢

Honored Contributor

It sounds like the Mets did a nice job with David's send-off.  ESPN.com has a great article that made me teary so I can just imagine what it was like to actually be there.  David is a class act, the likes of which we don't see much.

Honored Contributor

It was nice to see David's family last night. I knew he had a young daughter, didn't know he had a second. David has always kept his private life private.

Honored Contributor

What a wonderful day for David and the fans! 

Wishing him only the best as he officially begins his post baseball life. 

Thank you @ValuSkr for mentioning the article. It was terrific and ITA!  

He is a classy man, player  and captain! 

From the NY Daily News: 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/

From the NY Post: 

https://nypost.com/tag/new-york-mets/

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Agree, he was a class act and a great captain.  He will be missed.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it