Trusted Contributor

Matt Stafford Walks Away from Photographer Who Fell and Doesn't Assist

Matt Stafford was smoking on his fat cigar and boozing it up when a photographer in front of him fell and ended up cracking her spine.

He just gave her a look and mouthed "Wow," while she was on the ground and turned his back, not offering for a second to help her or make sure she was ok.

Says a lot about him.   Acted like a frat boy, not a professional football player who just won the Super Bowl.

Honored Contributor

Re: Matt Stafford Walks Away from Photographer Who Fell and Doesn't Assist

Actually I think most frat boys would have had the good manners to help someone who had fallen.  Maybe it's an over privileged football player "thing".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

We happen to know Matt and this doesn't sound like him at all. There just has to me more to the story than what the OP posted. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

We happen to know Matt and this doesn't sound like him at all. There just has to me more to the story than what the OP posted. 

I agree @Duckncover 

Not making any judgements based on this post.

Respected Contributor

There is a video.  I saw it and was SHOCKED.  He did exactly as the OP said.  Matt's wife ran over to see what happened but he turned and walked in the opposite direction. 

Respected Contributor

No cigar, no booze,...Matt has a water bottle in his hand, he sees her fall, turns walks back while his wife who looks concerned walks forward looks over the edge, the video ends & the article stated it wasn't known what Matt did after that. Good grief, Matt is 5+ft up on stage so he's not near the woman that fell to offer assistance...I guess if he just looked over the edge & had a concerned look on his face too he'd be off the hook & a hero. 

Respected Contributor

See for yourself .....video online..... 

Respected Contributor

I don't know about the cigars or beer as I'm not seeing that, but I don't think anyone could watch that video and think his response was appropriate. His wife showed great concern but he did not. I'm going to say the same thing about his reaction as he seemingly says about the woman's fall...OMG!

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

There is a video.  I saw it and was SHOCKED.  He did exactly as the OP said.  Matt's wife ran over to see what happened but he turned and walked in the opposite direction. 

@nyc1, the term "hightailed it" in the opposite direction seems more like it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Black Cat Back   Matt Stafford and the Rams announced they are covering all of the photographers expenses including a new camera.  Just maybe someone was calling Matt over when she fell and turned around to nswer them.  Who knows?