Honored Contributor

Re: Matt Stafford Walks Away from Photographer Who Fell and Doesn't Assist

I have read reports on a couple of NFL FB pages that he was drunk. No surprise.

Trusted Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

We happen to know Matt and this doesn't sound like him at all. There just has to me more to the story than what the OP posted. 

@Duckncover 

Not making it up... look online.   He turns his back on the woman who fell.  His wife reacted at least, but not him.   He looked at her, said something like "Wow" or "Oh my" and turned his back to chat with his buddies who didn't come to her aide either.

The video is online.   I can't attach it here.

Trusted Contributor

During the parade, he was drinking and smoking cigars... with his team members.   It's on video... maybe he had a bit too much of the bubbly.

I'm just sharing what is in plain view with a video.

Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

No cigar, no booze,...Matt has a water bottle in his hand, he sees her fall, turns walks back while his wife who looks concerned walks forward looks over the edge, the video ends & the article stated it wasn't known what Matt did after that. Good grief, Matt is 5+ft up on stage so he's not near the woman that fell to offer assistance...I guess if he just looked over the edge & had a concerned look on his face too he'd be off the hook & a hero. 

He was as close as his wife was.   How does someone turn their back on a person who falls off the stage?   How does someone not make sure she's ok?   C'mon... I don't have a thing to gain from sharing this... but I'm tired of people who don't care about their fellow human being.

Trusted Contributor

I've been a football fan for over 52 years.    Even to be drinking and smoking cigars during a parade where kids are watching their "heroes" pass by is in poor taste.   Save that stuff for your own parties... but not in front of kids. 

I've been to many pro victory parades for the NFL, NBA and WNBA and never have they been drinking alcohol and smoking cigars... they are waving and cheering with the fans.   It was not appropriate.

Respected Contributor

Another celebrity Putz ....

Respected Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

No cigar, no booze,...Matt has a water bottle in his hand, he sees her fall, turns walks back while his wife who looks concerned walks forward looks over the edge, the video ends & the article stated it wasn't known what Matt did after that. Good grief, Matt is 5+ft up on stage so he's not near the woman that fell to offer assistance...I guess if he just looked over the edge & had a concerned look on his face too he'd be off the hook & a hero. 

He was as close as his wife was.   How does someone turn their back on a person who falls off the stage?   How does someone not make sure she's ok?   C'mon... I don't have a thing to gain from sharing this... but I'm tired of people who don't care about their fellow human being.

Please explain to me how LOOKING helps...the woman didn't fall at his feet, he's 5ft+ ft on stage & it was clearly stated that it wasn't known what he did when he left, perhaps he let staff know about the fall but I don't know & neither do you.The whole story is never told in a video...does Covington ring a bell? I do know that Matt has raised lots of money for charity & is devoted to his family. 

Honored Contributor

He looked just awful in the video, inexcusable. I read that he was drunk too.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

I watched parts of the parade yesterday, wasn't aware of this until I saw the news today. Matthew was quite sober during the whole parade yesterday, taking pictures, hugging teammates, etc.

The video of him turning his back was inexcusable. He just walked away like he couldn't be bothered. Rams paying the medical bills is a PR move, family man & all. 

Respected Contributor

This woman could have hit her head we all know how bad this could have been. Maybe doesn't sound like Matt Stanford but it's sure him walking away.