Respected Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 

YAY, thanks.   I'll be watching both games.  I was hoping for an "underdog weekend"  but Pudue blew that yesterday.  I'd like another shot at Duke.  Duke and TT played in Madison Square Garden in Dec. or maybe Nov last year.   TEch stayed with them until the end but lost.  

They are a much better team now so bring it on!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@BridgegalYes! Let's do this! Madness!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

@LoriLori 

I was referring to the 'experts' and announcers.   Some were better than others like Reggie Miller.  He had really good things to say about Tech while all of the others couldn't stop talking about how great Gonzaga,  Buffalo and even N. Kentucky were.   

Yes, they talked about Tech having the #1 defence but that was about it.   It is probably not obvious to people who watch the games and don't have 'a dog in the hunt' but it was certainly obvious to Tech fans.   Charles Barkley today couldn't stop praising and talking about Gonzaga the whole game; even when Tech went ahead and stayed ahead.  

Anyway, we'll see if that changes now.   Go Red Raiders.  

Got it!!!  Yes, when it's your conference you notice every bit of shade the announcers give your team and every bad call (and there have been some very bad calls but there always are).  I have never seen Texas Tech play 

ETA:   DUH!!!!!   MADNESS! I have never seen THIS Texas Tech team play and so I wouldn't have known they're being put down.  Thanks for explaining.

First time for this team?  I can't be like @MarnieRez3  and root for them if Duke loses because I NEED Zion to win like Carmelo Anthony did in his year at Syracuse.  

But I'll be pulling for you, @Bridgegal , just not your school LOL.  

I want Auburn now because I think Duke will beat them more easily than Kentucky.  That Kentucky team is on fire!.

I

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Bridgegal
Lololol...yes, my darling, if Duke goes down today, I'll hop on the Texas Tech Train! 😁
And, based on the past two games Duke BARELY won, there's a good chance it may be sayonara to the Blue Devils today! 😟
Congratulations on making it to the Final Four for the first time! Way to go, Red Raiders.

Hush @MarnieRez3  !  You're going to jinx Duke!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say Madness!  Last night was Madness x Madness.  Bring it on now!

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

See my mess of a post above?  Madness!

I just put in what was meant to be a load of towels but after the washer was done I noticed two towels sitting, unwashed, in plain sight  LOL.  Put the whole thing up again.  Because Madness!!!

I don't remember three nail-biters in the 8!  I hope this one keeps going.  Heart pounding but so much fun to watch as opposed to blowouts!!!  Fun but exhausting Madness! 

Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori
Agreed! "Madness × Madness!" 😂
So many close games!!!!! I don't remember this many nail-biters either.
Love your washing debacle. Hilarious!
Oh Goodness, I HOPE I didn't jinx Duke!
#ZionAllDay
I can't even form full sentences anymore...too exhausted. 🧡
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Another OT!  Madness squared!!!

The best bracket on ESPN now is named ZIONSBLOWOUT.  thought you'd like that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@LoriLori 

I was referring to the 'experts' and announcers.   Some were better than others like Reggie Miller.  He had really good things to say about Tech while all of the others couldn't stop talking about how great Gonzaga,  Buffalo and even N. Kentucky were.   

Yes, they talked about Tech having the #1 defence but that was about it.   It is probably not obvious to people who watch the games and don't have 'a dog in the hunt' but it was certainly obvious to Tech fans.   Charles Barkley today couldn't stop praising and talking about Gonzaga the whole game; even when Tech went ahead and stayed ahead.  

Anyway, we'll see if that changes now.   Go Red Raiders.  

Got it!!!  Yes, when it's your conference you notice every bit of shade the announcers give your team and every bad call (and there have been some very bad calls but there always are).  I have never seen Texas Tech play 

ETA:   DUH!!!!!   MADNESS! I have never seen THIS Texas Tech team play and so I wouldn't have known they're being put down.  Thanks for explaining.

First time for this team?  I can't be like @MarnieRez3  and root for them if Duke loses because I NEED Zion to win like Carmelo Anthony did in his year at Syracuse.  

But I'll be pulling for you, @Bridgegal , just not your school LOL.  

I want Auburn now because I think Duke will beat them more easily than Kentucky.  That Kentucky team is on fire!.

I'm so 'Mad' that I hit post before I'd typed anyting.

Kentucky flamed out and we have another underdog in the Final Four.   Way to go Auburn.  

I

Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori
Love ZionsBlowout!
Agreed @Bridgegal So glad Auburn won...I think it may be their first time in the Final Four?? What a fantastic game that was. Sorry to the Kentucky fans reading this!