Respected Contributor

Texas Tech has been overlooked, underrated and ignored the whole playoffs.   I don't think they will be anymore.   

GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

Texas Tech has been overlooked, underrated and ignored the whole playoffs.   I don't think they will be anymore.   

GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!

@Bridgegal   This jayhawk is cheering like crazy for your red raiders! Go TTU and go Big 12!!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Trusted Contributor
@Bridgegal
Congratulations to Texas Tech!
Im wiped out...these close games are killing me. What a nail-biter! You guys DOMINATED!
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!

I'm for happy for you with Texas Tech.  But I don't know what you mean by them being "ignored the whole playoffs."  If you're speaking of conference play I know nothing about that.

If you're talking about the NCAA Tournament, I think the NET system has done an excellent job in its first season.  So much better than the RPI.

Honored Contributor

And @MarnieRez3  overtime!    Madness doesn't even begin to cover it!  I'm going to need a rest cure after this Elite 8 LOL.  Know a good sanitarium?

Awww, Purdue.  The perfectly imperfect bracket I was rooting for has now been busted!!!!

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori 

I was referring to the 'experts' and announcers.   Some were better than others like Reggie Miller.  He had really good things to say about Tech while all of the others couldn't stop talking about how great Gonzaga,  Buffalo and even N. Kentucky were.   

Yes, they talked about Tech having the #1 defence but that was about it.   It is probably not obvious to people who watch the games and don't have 'a dog in the hunt' but it was certainly obvious to Tech fans.   Charles Barkley today couldn't stop praising and talking about Gonzaga the whole game; even when Tech went ahead and stayed ahead.  

Anyway, we'll see if that changes now.   Go Red Raiders.  

Trusted Contributor
@Bridgegal
Is this Texas Tech's first-ever trip to the NCAA Championship?? Wow! I hope you guys go all the way, but, to be honest, I need Duke to prevail so I can win my pool!
Sorry!
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Bridgegal
Is this Texas Tech's first-ever trip to the NCAA Championship?? Wow! I hope you guys go all the way, but, to be honest, I need Duke to prevail so I can win my pool!
Sorry!

No, they have been before.   They made it to the Elite Eight last year but this team is totally new.  No players this year played last year.   And the coach has only been there 3 years.  This is their first trip ever to the Final Four.

I understand your dilemma.  So, if Duke loses today I have your promise you'll be yelling for the Red Raiders???  Smiley Wink    

Trusted Contributor
@Bridgegal
Lololol...yes, my darling, if Duke goes down today, I'll hop on the Texas Tech Train! 😁
And, based on the past two games Duke BARELY won, there's a good chance it may be sayonara to the Blue Devils today! 😟
Congratulations on making it to the Final Four for the first time! Way to go, Red Raiders.
Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori
I feel you, sistah! Purdue was soooooo close. Total heartbreaker! Buh-bye to your imperfect perfect bracket.😧