Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@topcat10 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

52100172-t.jpg

Happy Happy Here

29th Sweet 16 teen!

Listening from shipboard.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.....DUKE is giving me panic attacks over here with only 3:25 left....praying we see you guys in the sweet 16!

@topcat10 

WOW,  ummm... I’ve never been BOOOED on line.

Whatever.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

The Duke game was a nail-biter!  I'm purely neutral on that front but I needed the win for my bracket.

Well, truth be told, I lean towards the Pack, but don't hold it against me!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Way to go Red Raiders.  Sweet Sixteen next.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

The Duke game was a nail-biter!  I'm purely neutral on that front but I needed the win for my bracket.

I'm 98 percentile in one of my brackets on ESPN (and Jay Bilas has risen to 26 percentile LOL).  Sadly of my 98 percentile and three 96 percentile brackets none has Duke for whom I'm rooting.  98 pecentile has Gonzaga, 98 percents have NC and TN.

Honored Contributor

Regarding the Duke-UCF game:

We have a neighbor who turned 96 and her family did not come from NY.  Sad.  So we made plans to take her out Sunday night.  And guess which game I missed?  I tried every which way in my mind to think of a reason to cancel but my heart wouldn't let me.  So I missed it.  Madness!

Last night I caught a rerun but I'm sooooo sleep-deprived from the late games I fell asleep during the first round.  So all I've seen is the two baskets going around the rim (Madness!) and Taco Fall on his knees crying on the court (sadness!).  I'm hoping they play a repeat at a decent hour.  

I'm 100% pulling fo Duke and have always even more than for my own  school.  (not madness, sanity)

I don't watch a lot of pro basketball so Zion and also RJ, this could be mostly good-bye.  I'll try and peep in on them but since they're not going to good teams and I'm not happy with the state of the NBA, talent-wise,  right now anyway. (angry  madness)

To all whose schools or the schools where you live or you root for for whatever reason:  Good luck!  Madness!!!

Super Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

LOL! same here - WOLFPACK!....but I'm cheering on DUKE!

Super Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@topcat10 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

52100172-t.jpg

Happy Happy Here

29th Sweet 16 teen!

Listening from shipboard.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.....DUKE is giving me panic attacks over here with only 3:25 left....praying we see you guys in the sweet 16!

@topcat10 

WOW,  ummm... I’ve never been BOOOED on line.

Whatever.

Oh No - I apologize....I take my "BOOOO" back then.

Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori
Want to make sure you heard this, since you were posting about the declining number of perfect brackets left....
There IS a perfect bracket going into Sweet 16...For the FIRST TIME EVER, the NCAA announced that it has been done...the winning bracket was submitted by Gregg Nigl.
TRUE MADNESS! How did he do it?!?!
I must Google him now!
Holy madness!
Honored Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 

Wow!  I don't know why they didn't announce it sooner, it's not like this is some small thing.  Madness!  Do you know where he filled out his perfect bracket?  Was it NCAA?  I just read an interview with him and he doesn't sound like the genius I was expecting LOL.  Madness!

ETA:  I'm on ESPN.  And that's where I check obsessively.  My madness!

Trusted Contributor
Hey Mad Girl @LoriLori
I know...right??!!
It certainly wasn't a big announcement out here.
Okay...just the facts...40-year-old Gregg Nigl, of Ohio, a neuropsychologist...filled out his bracket (one of four he did) online at the CAPITAL ONE NCAA MARCH MADNESS BRACKET CHALLENGE.
NCAA says they scanned the millions of brackets across all the major online bracket games and Nigl was the first EVER to get 48 out of 48 games correct.
I agree...he doesn't seem like a sports whiz, just a casual fan. He says he watches the TV show "Bracketology" on ESPN before making his choices.(Um...yeah...I watched that too...and yet my bracket was busted on Day 2!)
FYI...He picked Gonzaga to win the whole tourney.
Shouldn't he be getting a cash prize for this??