Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Ha.   I am fine.  I'm so proud of those guys and their coach.  Seriously, is there a better, classier coach in college basketball?      

They were predicted to finish 7th in the Big 12 so who can complain about #2 in the nation?   

Disappointed yes, but happy at the same time.   They'll be back next year.

Congrats to Virginia their fans.  What redemption after getting knocked out in the first round last year.   And I do think Bennett is a great coach and classy too.   His first comment in the post game interview was praise for the Tech team and coach.

Bring on baseball.   The Tech team has gone to the College World Series 3 of the last 5 years.  Go Tech!!

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal   @stevieb   @MarnieRez3   @yellowrose 

Sigh.  I'm strictly a college basketball girl.  When LeBron, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade were here I followed the Heat.  When the Warriers and the Cavs were in the finals I loved every second of it.  Warriers and Thunder too.  But that's it.

No more sports for me basically until November.  Sometimes the season starts on my birthday.

Enjoy baseball and everything else.  It's been super fun posting here.  Same time next year?

And @yellowrose  still hoping to hear your jinx-y stuff.  Everybody if they have it.  Also I googled "hot pot" and got a lot of very different answers so if you could splain that too I'd be grateful.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb @Bridgegal College World Series? Omg - you are SUPER fans to also follow your college teams in baseball. Okay, I will watch a few games, I promise!  

Bridgegal, thanks for signing in - I have abandonment issues and I was worried about you! lol

SO thrilled to be a last-minute-jump-on-the-bandwagon Tech fan! Thank you for educating us on their coach, their playing style, their chants, and all the great underdog stories. What a ride - I really came to adore your talented players.

The Road Ends Here for March Madness. Color me VERY sad! Thanks to everyone for this great thread - especially @webbgarner1 who started the whole thing!

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Ha.   Today was bridge day so I was late getting on here.   It was a great season.  Re: Tech baseball.   I love sports, Tech sports in particular.   Just wait for college football.  I'm 100% over the top.   Red Raiders have a new coach and we 'hear' he is a lot like Coach Beard.  To say we're all excited and hopeful is an understatement.   

Sad the season is over but so proud of the Red Raiders  There's always next year with another almost new squad.  Fingers crossed. 

Thanks to you and LoriLori for your excitment and support.  It made March Madness even more fun.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori 

See you in November when it all starts again!!

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Bridgegal   @stevieb   @MarnieRez3   @yellowrose 

Sigh.  I'm strictly a college basketball girl.  When LeBron, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade were here I followed the Heat.  When the Warriers and the Cavs were in the finals I loved every second of it.  Warriers and Thunder too.  But that's it.

No more sports for me basically until November.  Sometimes the season starts on my birthday.

Enjoy baseball and everything else.  It's been super fun posting here.  Same time next year?

And @yellowrose  still hoping to hear your jinx-y stuff.  Everybody if they have it.  Also I googled "hot pot" and got a lot of very different answers so if you could splain that too I'd be grateful.

@LoriLori  The jinx-y stuff is all so ridiculous and doesn't work anyway. I'm trying to change my tune and just watch a game like a normal person. LOL

Most of my crazyiness has to do with my Dallas Cowboys.  But now we have the Stars in the hockey playoffs, the Rockets and Spurs in the basketball playoffs, so I'm not sure if I can really pull off "normal."

"hot pot?"  Don't know what that is.  I mentioned my "Instant Pot"  Maybe that's what you mean.

Trusted Contributor
@Bridgegal
Agreed...@LoriLori is really knowledgeable about college basketball...and she's also crazy fun! Love her enthusiasm!
Oh, you play bridge! Now I understand your screenname...I thought maybe you were a civil engineer who constructed bridges.
@yellowrose
Uh-oh! I'm a diehard New York Giants football fan...this could be the end of the line for our friendship. #NoCowboys! We must avoid each other come fall! 🙃
Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori Instant Pot is like a little mini pressure cooker...don't you watch QVC?? 🤣
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Uh oh, I too am a Cowboys fan.   I will admit to about 5 years of being a Giants fan at the end of Tom Landry's 'reign' so I always pull for them when a win won't hurt the Cowboys.  Smiley Wink   I haven't had to worry about that much since JJ bought the team tho.

Being a Tech grad, I'm now rooting for the Chiefs.  Not that I'm a Chiefs fan (never liked Andy Reid esp. when we lived in the Philly area) but I'm a HUGE Patrick Mahomes fan.  So, I've added another team to my LIKE list.

Go GiCowIefs.

Trusted Contributor
@Bridgegal
Omg! Seriously? Another Cowboys fan?!
Grrrrrrrrrrr.....🙃