Honored Contributor

@stevieb   grudging congratulations.  Virginia has the most embarrassing L in the history of the tournament and now they have the W, and in OT.

Not a fan but I loved seeing Coach's father watching.  They said he was too nervous to go to the Final Four game and watched in the hotel.  And I'll give VA  the Hottest Coach Award.

signed, Lori, not a graceful loser (but when you went to Syracuse, how can you be?  we're not even putting anyone in the NBA this year I don't think).

On to the combine!

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose  @MarnieRez3  I sincerely appreciate your congratulations. It was a wonderful game and although I was overjoyed for my team, as it had been a very long time coming and a very rocky road to success, my heart truly went out to the Tech kids and their very gracious coach. I guess they call it a contest because someone wins and someone loses, but it's a shame it has to hurt so palpably...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori A gruding thanks for your grudging message of congrats... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@LoriLori A gruding thanks for your grudging message of congrats... Smiley Happy

Awwwwm StevieB, now I feel like a meanie.  I'm giving myself an offensive foul!  

Congratulations!!!!!

Image result for virginia cuts the net down ncaa championship

Trusted Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal
Omg...Have you fallen into a fit of depression? Please come out of the black abyss and let us know you are okay!
There's always next year. And @stevieb was so gracious about Texas Tech losing.
It IS sad that after 4 weeks of intense games and amazingly talented young people, it comes down to one winner.
But, woe, alas..Virginia is For Lovers...and National Basketball Champions. 🏀

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori 

I'm sorry, but the Hottest Coach Award goes to Jay Wright of Villanova!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  Thank you. That feels better. And yep, Coach Bennett is pretty cute and also a true gentleman and wonderful person. Now the vultures will start trying to hire him away... He says he's not interested... I hope he means it... I will say, once you've spent time on grounds at Virginia, it is very hard to leave... I think we probably all wax nostalgic about our schools, but it's pretty glaring how attached so many people become to Charlottesville and the surrounding region... 

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3  I'm not a big pro sports fan and I get what you say about baseball being a bit, well, dry... but if you're so inclined,, take a look at the College World Series that'll start in June... It's another multi-game elimination series... Baseball doesn't move quickly like basketball, but I've become addicted to the CWS... It's a lot of fun to watch, as long as you pick your games and don't force yourself to sit through the games that are real stinkers... 

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Thanks!!!!   And thanks for joining the Red Raider support team.   

FYI, the Tech baseball team has gone to the college world series 3 of the last 5 years so if you are willing, they can use your support too!!!!   Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori 

Thanks, LoriLori.    I appreciate all of your support for Texas Tech.   You know a lot about basketball and can understand and respect the game and the men who play it.

They'll be back next year.