Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3  The thing about the CWS is I don't just follow my team, I follow virtually ALL the teams... I love it that much... If Virginia is in it then I'll especially follow them but if they're not, I'll pick a few other teams I really like and follow them... @Bridgegal  I've really enjoyed watching TT in the CWS and the eventual winner last year, Oregon State, stole my heart... My team won it a few years back in a manner sort of similar to their basketball history... They were picked to win the year before but blew it in the final game against Vanderbilt... Then won it the following year when Vandy was picked to win... Go figure... I don't think they've been since... Anyway, it's a great event and I have to admit I look forward to it every year more than any other sporting event... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

@stevieb wrote:

@MarnieRez3  The thing about the CWS is I don't just follow my team, I follow virtually ALL the teams... I love it that much... If Virginia is in it then I'll especially follow them but if they're not, I'll pick a few other teams I really like and follow them... @Bridgegal  I've really enjoyed watching TT in the CWS and the eventual winner last year, Oregon State, stole my heart... My team won it a few years back in a manner sort of similar to their basketball history... They were picked to win the year before but blew it in the final game against Vanderbilt... Then won it the following year when Vandy was picked to win... Go figure... I don't think they've been since... Anyway, it's a great event and I have to admit I look forward to it every year more than any other sporting event... 

This gives me hope for my Red Raiders basketball team next year!!!

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Yes, LOL

Trusted Contributor

@yellowrose
Uh-oh! I'm a diehard New York Giants football fan...this could be the end of the line for our friendship. #NoCowboys! We must avoid each other come fall! 🙃

@MarnieRez3  LOL.  I try very hard to not judge a person
by their choice of teams. Sometimes I succeed. haha 
Went to the draft last year and I had a group picture
taken with a Giant fan, Redskin fan and Philly fan.  3 good looking guys and me.
Loved it.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@MarnieRez3  Oh thanks, so sweet of you !

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@LoriLoriInstant Pot is like a little mini pressure cooker...don't you watch QVC?? 🤣

Nope.  Switched from Josie Maran earlier this year and that was the last of QVC for me.  It's always cheaper on her web site anyway!  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@stevieb 

@stevieb wrote:

This gives me hope for my Red Raiders basketball team next year!!!

They're losing some talent.  I'm going to keep an eye on the recruiting.  I haven't even looked at Syracuse recruiting lately, I'm basketball exhausted from the tournament.  What a way to go out, in OT and with not a questionable call.  Class game!

I'm so impressed with Owen getting a Master's.  My school is not known for athletes' education.  I took what's called Football Math because I'm a moron in math and it's a requirement...a lot of athletes in the class LOL.  But i give them credit because they make them do their course work now.

Didn't Owens have a test?  Somebody at Texas Tech had a paper or a test during the Final Four and did it.  THAT'S impressive!  I'm not letting go of them, I'm too into them for that.

Respected Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori 

As far as I know, Tech has always been serious about academics not just athletics.  I think in the Mike Leach era as football coach , Tech was in the top 10 for athletes graduation rate.   And I'm sure as a grad student, Owens takes his studies and education seriously.  

They have some good recruits and and younger players on the team and will be the 'next men up' .   Due to their success last year and this year + Coach Beard they are now getting much higher rated/ranked recruits.  

I think it is a bright future for TT basketball.  So glad you joined the fan club.