Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori I did jinx them! Mea Culpa! Lolol
Everyone at work today kept debating the last few minutes of the Duke game. Biggest question is: why didn't they inbound the ball and give it to Your Zion right away?
I'm not a "Monday Morning quarterbacking" person, because what's done is done. Besides, I'm a Texas Tech fan now! 🤣
Honored Contributor

I'm writing from beyond the grave.  I died just now because ESPN sent me  an email with my second-chance brackets and I have one that Gonzaga busted but I got the other three right!

Out of millions of second-chance brackets mine is ranked 72,000.  Wowza!  Wreck 'Em Tech busted my bracket LOL.  Still that rank is impressive.  Not sure if you can see it but I'll try.

The brackets are named after the witch in Dark Shadows because I felt witchy filling them out and trying to predict the future LOL plus I always wanted to be her when I was a kid because she could put a spell on anyone LOL:

http://fantasy.espn.com/second-chance-bracket/2019/en/entry?entryID=7989818&ex_cid=secondChanceBrack...

Honored Contributor

If I was Angelique I'd turn that Gonzaga dog into...um, whatever that is.  What's it's name?  I need to know these things now that I'm a Wreck 'Em!

Image result for texas tech basketball mascot photo final four

Not shading, he's just looks funny to me but we have a stupid orange with a big nose because all oranges have noses, amiright?

Honored Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@MarnieRez3   yes you are right. Around here most are either a Tar Heel fan or a Duke fan. I think both Roy Williams coach for UNC and Coach K at Duke are great. 

My brother is a Duke graduate and my husband is Tar Heel all the way. 

When I was a kid many years ago, the big rivalry seemed to be NC state and UNC, now it is Duke and UNC. 

Also when I was a kid I did not care for Tarheels under coach Dean Smith.  This was the days before the shot clock was implemented. If UNC was ahead at the last minute or two of the game and they had possesion of the ball, they would do what was known as four corners. They would hold the ball, just passing it around without taking a shot, basically keep away if you remeber anything like that from being a kid. I always thought it was in poor taste. Evidently so did officials eventually, they implemented  the shot clock to prevent that from happening. , it was  almost like cheating.

I am proud of our NC teams, but like i said in anpther post I would have been  very happy for Johnny Dawkins and UCF to have won that game against Duke. He has a strong history with Duke and am proud of him as well.

@webbgarner1 

You thought 4 corners was in poor taste?  Cheating?  No, I don’t think so.   The officials did not agree with you.  If there is reputable source for the Cheating comment please do share.

I don’t care for duke, sitting near Coach K, hearing his (screaming) language is a lesson in poor taste, does not represent well.

He needs to re-think recruiting.  In the last 4 years, so  many one & done players, and not a NCAA championship amongst them.  Give me Luke Maye.

And yep, I bleed Carolina blue.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

But on to a well-rested, surprising and exciting Final Four and Final.  Sorry, @Bridgegal , I have to add the apostrophe, it's bothering me without it LOL..

WRECK 'EM TECH!!!!

Ha.  Yes, it should be there.  I have no idea why I didn't type it and didn't notice that I didn't.   They are fun to watch.  They play with class and maturity and don't act like ******es on the court.  I really believe they can go all they way.   I hope they don't let down their NEW fans here.   Go Red Raiders!!

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

If I was Angelique I'd turn that Gonzaga dog into...um, whatever that is.  What's it's name?  I need to know these things now that I'm a Wreck 'Em!

Image result for texas tech basketball mascot photo final four

Not shading, he's just looks funny to me but we have a stupid orange with a big nose because all oranges have noses, amiright?

He is called Raider Red.

Honored Contributor

Don't mean to pester you but this is a serious inquiry LOL. To my ears "Raider Red" sounds like something you buy to kill red ants Smiley Happy

Can you tell me more about my new mascot?  He's super cute but I don't get the get-up, part cartoon, part cowboy, part Muppett, part plumber?  More, please.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

For all of you whose team has been knocked out, we'd love to have you join Lori Lori and GoinbacktoCali on the Red Raider wagon and here's why:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/texas-tech-basketball-bandwagon/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_me...

Wreck 'Em Tech!!!

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori 

Ha, good question.  He is one of the mascots. The  primary mascot is The Masked Rider who rides a live horse. Raider Red is used at events where The Masked Rider isn't allowed or wouldn't be appropriate as well as regular games and events.   I don't know who designed his costume or if the different pieces are there for some reason.

The Masked Rider (currently a female) and black horse (Fearless Champion)  speed onto the field and circle it leading the team onto the football field at the game openings.   It is a beautiful and spectacular sight.  Seriously.  Best game opening in college football.

Respected Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]