Trusted Contributor

Well since both of my North Carolina teams are out ( Duke and UNC ) I am going to pull for Auburn.  Good luck to all.

Trusted Contributor
@webbgarner1
I like that you support BOTH Duke and UNC...isn't that a rarity?? I think most Blue Devils fans do not tolerate Tar Heels fans and vice versa. I like that you geographically support "both North Carolina teams." Well-done!
Respected Contributor

Proud SPARTAN here!!  I actually went to MSU along with Magic Johnson (am I really that old??)  

I am the only one in the brackets here at work that still has a team in the final four!!!

SPARTY ON!!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor
@redwingsgal
Congratulations across the miles! The Spartans delivered!
After all those upsets, it is very impressive to still have a team in the Final Four. I'm busted in both my pools. But I love these games and I love this tourney!
Honored Contributor

Since Purdue is out, guess I'll root for the Spartans.

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

When UNC plays I support them win, lose, or draw.

Then I’m all about the ACC.  So many years with NO respect!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

coaches Roy WiRe: March Madness

@MarnieRez3   yes you are right. Around here most are either a Tar Heel fan or a Duke fan. I think both Roy Williams coach for UNC and Coach K at Duke are great. 

My brother is a Duke graduate and my husband is Tar Heel all the way. 

When I was a kid many years ago, the big rivalry seemed to be NC state and UNC, now it is Duke and UNC. 

Also when I was a kid I did not care for Tarheels under coach Dean Smith.  This was the days before the shot clock was implemented. If UNC was ahead at the last minute or two of the game and they had possesion of the ball, they would do what was known as four corners. They would hold the ball, just passing it around without taking a shot, basically keep away if you remeber anything like that from being a kid. I always thought it was in poor taste. Evidently so did officials eventually, they implemented  the shot clock to prevent that from happening. , it was  almost like cheating.

I am proud of our NC teams, but like i said in anpther post I would have been  very happy for Johnny Dawkins and UCF to have won that game against Duke. He has a strong history with Duke and am proud of him as well.

Trusted Contributor
@webbgarner1

Your brother is a Duke grad and your husband is a Tar Heel fan?! Wow, that must be big fun during the month of March!
Yes, I love both Coach K and Roy Williams...they are both tremendous talents and I love their temperaments. Absolute class acts.
I was not familiar with "four corners," but it does sound like "keep away" from when we were kids. Thank goodness for that shot clock now!
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
Oh I know, poor Mad One @LoriLori...your broken Orange heart was All In For Zion. It's sad...it's the last college basketball game we will ever see Zion play.
The silver lining...We have adopted Texas Tech as our new team and @Bridgegal even taught us the team chant! ❤ Go TTU!
And an even shinier silver lining: I think Zion is going to the New York Knicks? as a first-round NBA pick, so you will still be able to see his mad skills if you watch pro ball.

You jinxed him, pal.  I said you did and then they lost!!!  !t's all on YOU! 

I feel so bad.  There's no other player period full stop who played every minute of three tourney games in one week.   He will earn millions and some say billions but I think a piece of his heart with always long for that Duke ring and the net.

Honored Contributor

But on to a well-rested, surprising and exciting Final Four and Final.  Sorry, @Bridgegal , I have to add the apostrophe, it's bothering me without it LOL..

WRECK 'EM TECH!!!!