Trusted Contributor
Yes! Crazy games!
Sorry Tar Heel fans on this board! What a shocker!
Honored Contributor

ESPN does a Second Chance Tourney where they wipe the slate and you start with the Sweet 16.  I have one perfect bracket. 

I think it will hold today but maybe bust tomorrow.  I counted and it looks like there's less than 200 perfect ones already.

Prize is a $5,000 Amazon card.  If there are multiple perfect ones winner is determined by whoever gets closest to the points in the final.  I'm horrible at points!

I love the Second Chance!  My bracket has Gonzaga vs. Virginia in the final with Gonzaga winning.  But it won't surprise me if Kentucky beats Virginia.

Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori
One perfect bracket!? Yay second chances!!
Good luck, Madness Girl!
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@LoriLori
One perfect bracket!? Yay second chances!!
Good luck, Madness Girl!

Right?  I love that!!!!  Even though it's just four games I'm going to enjoy my one shining moment LOL:

I have Virginia, Kentucky, Duke and Gonzaga.  With a final of Gonzaga vs. Virginia and Gonzaga for the win.

But I'm really impressed with Kentucky.  Also Purdue but Kentucky, I kind of wish I had picked them.

(Sorry, Auburn, but I do think you're going to give Kentucky a hard time!  And really sorry Duke, I love you Zion and R.J.)

I can't wait for the combine!!!  Especially to watch Tacko Fall.  A friend thinks he's going to be drafted based on the UCF game but I looked up a few mock drafts and he may be wrong about that.

So who are you rooting for now?

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori  I still have Duke in one of my brackets, and Gonzaga in another. But right now the Zags are having trouble putting away Texas Tech - and there's only 4 minutes to play! My heart can't take this tourney!!!

Trusted Contributor

OMG!! THE ZAGS!!! OMG!! MADNESS!!!!!

C'mon Duke!!!

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori   Gonzaga just fell to Texas tech, What a game it was. Really exciting ball games.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori   Even though I  pull for Duke sometimes and UNC tarheels sometimes, I was kind of hoping that UCF would win it. Dawkins was an awsome player for Duke a ways back and was assistant coach for coach K. His son is so talented, grew up around the Duke bball. Coach K reaching the staus he has, it would have been nice for the little underdog t o win it. I still say, UCF should be very proud of their season. Way to go Dawkins. and team.

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1   I felt awful for Andre Dawkins, moreso than for Tacko.  And of course for Coach.  Seeing Dawkins cry was heartbreaking.   But I always root for Coach K.

Can't wait to see Tacko at the Combine, he doesn't have the instincts.   Needs a lot of D League. 

But I've been wrong before:  Rony Seikaly was a walk-on at Syracuse, son of a I think Greek? shipping magnate, never played --  and he ended up playing center for the Miami Heat very well.

Honored Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3   @webbgarner1 

BTW I'm writing this from beyond the grave.  Dead.  This wasn't as heart-stopping as last nights' but still I feel like I can't take it!

Now that I'm busted why not an unprecedented Final Four of:

Texas Tech

Auburn -- or Kentucky, they could take the whole thing they're so hot (I really want Auburn but Charles Barkley hates my alma mater LOL so I can't root for them and Kentucky really does have the hot hands)

Purdue

and I want  Duke in there but Michigan State -- OMG. 

Just the thought of no number ones!!  Madness  Madderness  Maddestness!   

Trying to find out if there's ever been a Final Four without a #1 seed and I can't find it.  Anyone?

10:15 ETA:  The entire internet is trying to find out and it seems (and everybody is searching, it's the top four searches, spelling out "number" and "one," using numerals, etc. LOL  -- apparently it only happened in 1980, before the tournament expanded, so that to me doesn't count.