Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3  

With Capital One as sponsor you'd expect a prize.  Thanks for the info.  Ironic that the guys that DO Bracketology did not well in the first two rounds but this guy watched them and did LOL.  Madness!

Still surprised it took them so long.  ESPN, right after a game the numbers and percentiles shift.  This is the NCAA.  Duh.  Madness!

The prizes at ESPN I didn't even register for because I can't use them:  top prize is trip to the Hawaii Invitational Classic and second is an Acura.  I just do it because...madness! 

And I love the way ESPN does the percentiles so fast and changes them with each new round (which is how one of mine is back into 98 percentile and Jay Bilas last I looked was at 26, up from 7 LOL) and being able to compare my brackets with other peoples', whether ESPN staff or across all brackets submitted.  Not madness, fun!  

Trusted Contributor
Yes! So fun @LoriLori
You'd think Capital One would spring for a fully-loaded credit card for the guy so he could buy...whatever neuropsychologists covet.
I picked Duke all the way, but Gonzaga beat Duke at the Maui Jim tourney in Hawaii this year, so this guy might definitely be onto something.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
Yes! So fun @LoriLori
You'd think Capital One would spring for a fully-loaded credit card for the guy so he could buy...whatever neuropsychologists covet.
I picked Duke all the way, but Gonzaga beat Duke at the Maui Jim tourney in Hawaii this year, so this guy might definitely be onto something.

You are so funny!  Thread after thread you crack me up (and also have so many intelligent comments!). 

I picked Duke on 33% of my brackets but none of those brackets are near the top (but still most higher than Jay Bilas's LOL).  

My best one (98) has Gonzaga and second-best (96) has Michigan.  And I want Duke so badly!  My school, Syracuse, beat Duke in regular conference play.   I miss that team!   Where'd they go?  Haha.  Madness?  Insanity!

We fell apart which we usually do and I was very surprised this year that more and more teams are playing zone, which everyone always hated us for.

Trusted Contributor
@LoriLori
Thank you for the kind words, Mad Girl...and right back at ya! You always have the best commentary on ice skating, Project Runway, books, basketball, etc.
That's right! I forgot Syracuse beat Duke in the ACC Tourney this season! The Orangemen WILL return...don't panic. (I'm old enough to remember when they dominated college b'ball.)
Keep the faith! 🧡
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@LoriLori
Thank you for the kind words, Mad Girl...and right back at ya! You always have the best commentary on ice skating, Project Runway, books, basketball, etc.
That's right! I forgot Syracuse beat Duke in the ACC Tourney this season! The Orangemen WILL return...don't panic. (I'm old enough to remember when they dominated college b'ball.)
Keep the faith! 🧡

Thank you for your kind words, but I don't think I have the best words.  Maybe on Project Runway, I'll take that one (but not All Stars -- I don't want that, thank you,  LOL).  Skating has been sacrificed this year on the altar of basketball..  

...We didn't beat Duke in the ACC Tourney.  We beat them in the regular season -- on their turf.  

Then we fell apart, like we always do.  Either we have a mediocre team that goes deep in the tournament or we have a really good team that collapses when it counts.  Madness!  Drives fans mad year after year!

Speaking of weight I love SU forward Marek Dolezaj.  He's 6'10 and has always been listed as 180 lbs.  Recently that changed to a whopping 181.   People said he ate a pizza.  Hahahaha.  I love this guy.  Madness!  Adorable madness!

Coach's son is a freshman and he's coming along very well.  So we won't get rid of Boeheim for at least another three years no matter what he says.  Anger!

Honored Contributor

Re: March Madness

[ Edited ]

Finally saw the Duke/UCF rerun last night.  Oh em gee!  This game is an instant classic.

ETA:  I know there's Duke fans here, I feel for you watching this game live.  Heartstopping!!!  MADNESS!  Yes, screaming madness!

UCF was so unlucky witih the two rim shots.  However Tacko Fall cannot be the whole team and, um, he doesn't know how to play basketball.  Not the ins and outs and subtleties of screens and great passing and controlling his body better so he doesn't commit so many unintentional fouls.   He's all rebounds and dunks. 

When you're 7'6 with a wingspan of 8 feet (wow wow wow)  it's easy to own the rim.  

Honored Contributor

Fight on to the Final Four Boilermakers!

Valued Contributor

UK wildcats all the way!!!  Here in Ky- we bleed blue!!!!! Love March madness 

Trusted Contributor
Oh. My. Gosh! I cannot BELIEVE the Tar Heels are out!
Totally unexpected!! Wow! True madness!
Honored Contributor

So tired my eyeballs are in my lap but my heart is still pounding and probably yours is too.  Sooooo worth it for the last seconds of the last two games, OMG:   MAXIMUM MADNESS!   And Auburn!  Madddddness!

Sorry for NC fans  and all others who lost a team tonight.