Honored Contributor

Magic Johnson steps down........

"Magic Johnson announced Tuesday night that he is stepping down as the Los Angeles Lakers' president of basketball operations. Johnson made the announcement at an impromptu news conference held before the Lakers' season finale against the Portland Trail Blazers in Los Angeles."

Full article on ESPN website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Magic Johnson steps down........

Magic Johnson is a good man.I wish him well.

Esteemed Contributor

After matching Dan Gilbert's offer to LeBron and luring him out to LA, they wound up with a pitiful team.

And now Magic says he's done. Something's not right in LA.

SMH

Trusted Contributor

Lifelong Lakers fan here - he is a massively talented athlete, a gentleman, and he has given back so much through his endless charity work.

Thank you for posting this, @Mz iMac I am old enough to remember the epic showdowns between the Celtics and the Lakers when Larry Bird and Magic went head-to-head.

Olympic gold medalist, one of the greatest NBA point guards of all time and a man who helped end the stigma surrounding AIDS by announcing he was HIV positive in 1991.

The Lakers had a terrible season this year, but Number 32 - we will always love you!

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy I'm 71 and spent my first 61 years in Southern California. Read an interesting story in the paper today and Magic quit because he knew he'd have to make a decision that would change someone's life (meaning manager Luke Walton).

It's no secret he doesn't like Luke Walton as the manager and push was coming to shove, and Magic was going to have to fire him.

He didn't want to do that, so he quit. I like Magic, he's extremely well thought of in Southern California and I wish him well.

Esteemed Contributor

Magic is a great guy.  I love it when he turns up at the Michigan State games.  He is so loyal to them.  I'm sure he made the right decision for all concerned. 

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy
Agreed...the Lakers have big problems! I was stunned to read this is the first time LeBron has not been in the NBA finals in over a decade.
The question is...can anybody beat the Golden State Warriors? They used to be an embarrassment in California, now they are virtually unstoppable.
Honored Contributor

Love Magic! My husband and I had a chance to meet him, and he was very nice and very down to earth and funny! My husband is a huge fan and a Laker Fan for life.!