Respected Contributor

Re: MARCH MADNESS LOve that ACC college basketball.

GO TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS!!!!

Contributor

It's the most wonderful time of the year...St. Patrick's Day, My Birthday and March Madness!!!  Seriously, I take Thursday & Friday of the first week of the tournament off from work so I can watch a lot of basketball.  Even though my team isn't in it this year, it's still fun to watch.  I will likely cheer for other Big Ten teams, except Purdue, of course.

Here's looking forward to another exciting tournament.

--Jeri

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Oooh, I'm excited for this, too!  I hate to see basketball season end.  Duke is my favorite team, although I don't think they will make it thru 'til the end.  My husband is a Purdue fan since he graduated from there.  He is a complete basketball 'freak' and I've had no choice basically but to also learn to enjoy the game!  Now I love it as well!

Respected Contributor

I was at MSU when Magic Johnson ,Greg Kelser et al won the title in 1979!!

GO SPARTANS!!!

Related image

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Contributor

@Hearts4Me Is your husband from Indiana originally? Just curious, I gew up about 25 miles from West Lafayette. We here in the Hoosier state seem to do basketball at all levels pretty crazy. We had over 8,000 people at one of the high school tournament games last weekend.  The largest high school gymnasium in the world is in Indiana and has 14 more seats than Cameron Indoor Stadium. 

I'm already excited for the games to start tomorrow night. 

--Jeri

Honored Contributor

@racadawrote:

Well, the field is set......and we made it in!  

Good luck to all the teams and their fans!

@racada, just a guess, did you go to Syracuse?  I did!  I read your first post then this, that's what made me wonder...Honestly I'd rather we played in the NIT where we have a chance of going far.  It's a great team but young, next year should be great.  This year I think we'll be one and done, Arizona has played against zone.  

Frequent Contributor

@IUredhead

No, my husband isn't from IN.  We are actually originally from Pittsburgh, but now live in SC.  I honestly don't know why he chose Purdue as his school!  LOL.

Super Contributor

@LoriLoriwrote:

@racadawrote:

@racada, just a guess, did you go to Syracuse?  I did!  I read your first post then this, that's what made me wonder...Honestly I'd rather we played in the NIT where we have a chance of going far.  It's a great team but young, next year should be great.  This year I think we'll be one and done, Arizona has played against zone.  

No....didn't attend Syracuse, I was born and raised there 😊

Very true we are a young team, and next year should definitely be a great year......but.....even at one and done I'm glad the team got into the NCAA tournament for the sake of the players.  They may have gone farther in the NIT, but their hearts aren't in it when they play in the NIT.  GO ORANGE!!

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3, yes, we saw Coach K when we went to a Duke game in late 1999, I think it was.  He was fiery and focused!

All 4 of my favorite teams are still in the tournament so far, so I am a lucky girl !!

Honored Contributor

@racadawrote:

@LoriLoriwrote:

@racadawrote:

No....didn't attend Syracuse, I was born and raised there 😊

Very true we are a young team, and next year should definitely be a great year......but.....even at one and done I'm glad the team got into the NCAA tournament for the sake of the players.  They may have gone farther in the NIT, but their hearts aren't in it when they play in the NIT.  GO ORANGE!!

@racada, I still have friends there.  One is a cop who gets to work the games, lucky lucky lucky.  And so we won!  Great game and

YAY!