Trusted Contributor

Le Tour de France 🇫🇷

Not sure whether to post this in Sports or Travel!  Anyone else watching?   When I first began watching years ago, it was for the scenery; gradually I began to understand the various strategies. 

Seems strange this year without broadcaster Paul Sherwen (he died in December at age 62). He was terrific at talking about history and landmarks of the various areas. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Le Tour de France 🇫🇷

[ Edited ]

@trenet  I love this event it makes my summer!  About 9 years ago I was very sick DH put t,v. on, left the house and it wasTour de France I was too sick to find remote so lay there watching this ‘boring’ spectacle........but got  completely hooked.  

Looks like it is wide open this year who will win.  Sad about Paul too.  Great event to watch and love the scenery.  Enjoy.

Super Contributor

Absolutely!  Hubby and I make an event of it for the month.  We are both cyclists and the Tour is a treat for us to watch.  Bob Roll is doing a nice job (but will never replace the chemisty Phil and Paul had).  I like the addition of Chris Horner.  

Occasional Contributor

Today's 4th stage of the Tour de France went to my hometown of Nancy.   

Trusted Contributor

The right decision to stop Stage 19 for the riders safety.  Snow, hail, water, mud on the roadway on the descent.

Controversy will continue as to whether the times  should have been taken at top of the Col de L’Iseran.  Could Julian Alaphilippe have caught up after the descent, we’ll never know... 

Sad that Thibaut Pinot had to abandon Tour with thigh muscle tear. 

(Going to console myself with a croissant with my morning tea! My husband went to bakery before he went to work)