Esteemed Contributor

Lamar Jackson is getting some flak

...for giving Rolex watches to his offensive line. A generous “thank you” for their part in his success this year.  

I’ll never understand why people think they have the right to tell someone else what to do with their own money. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lamar Jackson is getting some flak

Every QB gives his o-lineman something nice for Christmas. Flak for watches won't be too bad. Carson Wentz gave his o-linemen custom shotguns a year or two ago and that really got a lot of people angry. The anti-hunting and anti-gun crowds both were very angry about that. I don't think there's a very big anti-Rolex crowd out there, so this should die down pretty quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  I'll never understand it either, especially since this has been a tradition in the NFL for decades:

Tom Brady gave his 2008 New England Patriots O-line a car each -- an Audi Q7, to be exact.

Back as far as Joe Montana -- he gave his 1990 San Francisco 49ers O-line Rolex Presidential watches.

Super Contributor

The quarterback of my local team also gave out gifts. I saw a write up about it in the news and found it to be a nice gestue and reward for a job well done as they are going to the playoffs. Not a fan of Lamar's team but he seems like a good guy with a good attitude and work ethic. I am sad to see him get flak for this and to see the good of the NFL ignored while the attention goes to people like AB and other attention seekers.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of the locals here feel Lamar should have given the moeny he spent on the Rolex's to charity instead. that was what was reported in the Baltimore Sunpaper. 

Honored Contributor

@esmereldaYou're correct -  the objectors have absolutely no rights beyond the right to their opinion.  I don't know the details of the objections, but unless they're coming from people who have some moral right to Jackson's money themselves, I'm not supporting the objections.   In the world of the NFL, those Rolexes seem pretty appropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle  I feel Lamar Jackson has probably given more to charity than “Karen” and those critical “locals” combined. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

OOOOooo I want a rolex!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Some of the locals here feel Lamar should have given the moeny he spent on the Rolex's to charity instead. that was what was reported in the Baltimore Sunpaper. 

There will always be the pro-charity crowd no matter how much is spent anywhere on anything.  I get tired of them too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Stupid. QB’s always give gifts to the O-line. As if he can’t gift the O-line AND give to charities as well, which I’m sure he does.