Respected Contributor

Re: LITTLE COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANT

Bama fans don’t care who bashes us. We have the trophies to back it up.

I’m a Bama alum living in Columbus, OH. I was randomly spit on Saturday at the grocery store minding my own business wearing a Tide T-shirt. I’m surrounded by these classy Buckeyes fans like that.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:

I’m a Bama alum living in Columbus, OH. I was randomly spit on Saturday at the grocery store minding my own business wearing a Tide T-shirt. I’m surrounded by these classy Buckeyes fans like that.

Spitting is pretty radical.  I don’t really understand why OSU fans have such a problem with Bama.  If we have to play them, of course, I want to beat them, but I don’t consider them a big rival.  Not trying to take away from their success, I just don’t think much thought is given to OSU down here.  BTW, keep wearing your Bama shirts with pride.     ❤️🅰️🏈🏆1️⃣7️⃣🐘

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@RollTide2008:  I am sure the @Sweet Caroline 1 did not get spit on.  That is totally out of line and absolutely disgusting.  I think I would have called security or the police to report this act.  Of course, everyone who is losing has to blame the other rivalry for unruly and loud fans.   A lot of these fan haven't even graduated from these schools but are obnoxious.  Ignore them and wear your alum gear in pride.  People always have to hate?????

Respected Contributor

I’ve lived a lot of places and have determined Ohio State fans are particularly trashy.
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@RollTide2008:  I am sure the @Sweet Caroline 1 did not get spit on.  That is totally out of line and absolutely disgusting.  I think I would have called security or the police to report this act.  Of course, everyone who is losing has to blame the other rivalry for unruly and loud fans.   A lot of these fan haven't even graduated from these schools but are obnoxious.  Ignore them and wear your alum gear in pride.  People always have to hate?????

Hoovermom, I am so sorry that this has happened to you.  I posted earlier that I regret what I said in my post.  In a normal world, everyone can cheer for their special team without bullying and mean drama.  I'm learning that everywhere, there are those that hate certain schools and the ones that cheer for them.  For example, someone hated Auburn so much that he poisoned the trees at Toomers Corner.  And someone hated your team so much that you got spat on.  These people have mental issues and need professional help.  I hate that bullying caused me to post what I did.  I sincerely want everyone to cheer for their favorite team without bad consequences.  God bless you and I give you a big and loud "ROLL TIDE ROLL".   SC

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I’ve lived a lot of places and have determined Ohio State fans are particularly trashy.

@RollTide2008, I think that is a very broad and unfair statement. Wow! 

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

Hoovermom, I am so sorry that this has happened to you.  I posted earlier that I regret what I said in my post.  In a normal world, everyone can cheer for their special team without bullying and mean drama.  I'm learning that everywhere, there are those that hate certain schools and the ones that cheer for them.  For example, someone hated Auburn so much that he poisoned the trees at Toomers Corner.  And someone hated your team so much that you got spat on.  These people have mental issues and need professional help.  I hate that bullying caused me to post what I did.  I sincerely want everyone to cheer for their favorite team without bad consequences.  God bless you and I give you a big and loud "ROLL TIDE ROLL".   SC

@Sweet Caroline 1:  @RollTide2008 was the one who got spat on.  Thank you.

Contributor

Dear Sweet Charlotte,

You are not alone!  Many of us are very fatigued with the narcisstic, roll tide banter.  And I live in Missouri - nowhere near the state of 'Bama.  Honestly, I doubt the legitimacy of a program that doesn't appear to have a balanced environment of academics along side of the sports.  Anyway, as long as ****** Sabin is there.....this will continue.  I do not recall this arogance when Bear Bryant was coaching.

Sincerely,

A Mizzou fan from the era of The Big 8 Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CindyStLouWho wrote:

Dear Sweet Charlotte,

Honestly, I doubt the legitimacy of a program that doesn't appear to have a balanced environment of academics along side of the sports.  

You want to back that statement up, Cindy?  

BTW, Missouri is neither in the upper echelons of academics  or sports... but at least youre balanced.

Respected Contributor

@CindyStLouWho

I was born but not raised in your city,  am a Journalism School grad of Mizzou during Big Eight era,  since then long-married to and mother of Georgia grads.   

It's "Go UGA DAWGS" all the way in our house these days, even though I will take an unusual interest in today's Mizzou-Georgia game.

One amusing thing that I saw one MU grad say about  the Big Eight..........it was known back then to some people as "Oklahoma and the Seven Dwarfs".

I'd like to see Mizzou move up in the ranks of the  SEC.  Today's game should be interesting!!