Respected Contributor

Re: LITTLE COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANT

I have never understood, @loveschocolate, @Ruby Laine, why in the world would Ohio STATE want to be called OHIO???

Being a Spartan, I would cringe if someone ever called my school Michigan!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sooner,  I never heard my father put anyone down, not person, place or thing.  I said that I pull for Auburn because he did.  How dare you!  I never put down any fan who pulls for any team.  I am no control freak.  I have simply tired of Bama fans putting me, the world down for not being a Bama fan.  Even though they are always on top, they have to put others down to build themselves up.  It gets old to live with, nonstop, week after week, all year long.

Frequent Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Sooner,  I never put down any fan who pulls for any team.  

you’ve bashed Bama fans.  That was the reason you started the thread.  Auburn is having a good season, focus on that ... let the rest go.

Honored Contributor

I really wish adults would leave college sports to college kids.  After all, we have professional sports to follow.  With so many adults following college games, the kids should be paid as professionals.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal, actually it’s “The Ohio State University”

😉

Buckeye for life!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr, I enjoy college sports so much more than professional sports. These kids aren’t getting “paid” to play. 

Honored Contributor

We love college football in our family. When I am not cheering for my ACC team, I tend to root for the underdog. It’s just more fun! I get tired of seeing the same schools at the top of the polls every year. While these teams may be better than others, I think there is definitely a media bias against less successful schools in the Power 5 conferences and in other conferences. When all is said and done, though, you have to play the game. Love college football season! 

Honored Contributor

To all who have posted here and read my rant, I apologise for it and wish that I never did it.  I can't believe that I let some verbal blah, blah, blah get to me.  And that severely.  Enjoy your college football and may your teams win more than they loose...  SC  

Trusted Contributor

We love college football also!  We love to watch all the games!  But the number of commercials they show are making us crazy!  Maybe we see 3 or 4 plays and then we watch 7 or 8 commercials!  Woman FrustratedMan Frustrated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

In Alabama, we don't have professional football. We have college football.  I am a Auburn fan in a world of Alabama fans.  I'm for Auburn because my father pulled for them.  That simple.  Here in Alabama, Bama football is discussed 12 months out of the year.  Every night on sports news.  You can't escape it.  So when the college football season begins elsewhere, in Alabama, it has never ended.  The Bama fans here are obnoxious, hateful and quite frankly full of themselves.  No good sportsmanship from their camp.  I have never hoped that Bama would lose games but after a lot of verbal ugliness at work last night, I hope they lose a lot of games and are left out of the playoffs.  For the next several years.  There, I said it.  Alabama fans are losers off the field.   

@Sweet Caroline 1:  If you read my name you will know where I live and have lived for 30 years.  Yes, SEC dominates our area but each team is the same way.  I have seen both sides act the way you describe.  BUT to wish another team a horrible season is a little much for me considering these are just kids playing a game.  Winning always brings out those feelings when it is not your team.  Auburn has nothing to be ashamed of.  Hold your head high and smile through it all.  Roll Tide and War Eagle!!!

ETA:  I don't see Bama fans putting other teams down, I just see their disciplined work ethics and know what they do to accomplish their goals (know first hand).