Honored Contributor

LITTLE COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANT

[ Edited ]

In Alabama, we don't have professional football. We have college football.  I am a Auburn fan in a world of Alabama fans.  I'm for Auburn because my father pulled for them.  That simple.  Here in Alabama, Bama football is discussed 12 months out of the year.  Every night on sports news.  You can't escape it.  So when the college football season begins elsewhere, in Alabama, it has never ended.  The Bama fans here are obnoxious, hateful and quite frankly full of themselves.  No good sportsmanship from their camp.  I have never hoped that Bama would lose games but after a lot of verbal ugliness at work last night, I hope they lose a lot of games and are left out of the playoffs.  For the next several years.  There, I said it.  Alabama fans are losers off the field.   

Valued Contributor

Re: LITTLE COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANT

[ Edited ]

Ouch!  It is hard to listen to some people go overboard about football.  I feel your pain. It happens even with high school football where I live.  It’s especially bad when that’s all you hear at work. People get so angry about it. 

Whenever anyone mentions the Crimson Tide to me, all I say is, Sugar Bowl. 1973. We are huge Notre Dame fans.  

ETA, We love Ohio State even more!

Trusted Contributor

lol...good rant....

I never realized how crazed college football is until my nieces went to college...

One at Purdue the other at Clemson....they eat and breath this stuff. 

I live in Buffalo so its pro football here, and UB BULLS are a division 2 school so its not very big here.  But you Division one schools are very into it.  Its very cool to watch...but some need to keep perspective on it and dont lose their minds. 

You tell um @Sweet Caroline 1

Respected Contributor

@SweetCharlotte ~

Hey there.  I am not from Alabama.  In fact, it is one of the very few States I have never seen...But I sure have heard about it.

I had a Very Dear Friend whom I lost several years ago.  He was AUBURN ALL THE WAY!  Auburn this, Auburn that, and yes, it was all year long.  Didn't matter if it was Football Season or not.  By the end of a chat, an email, or a face to face visit.  AUBURN was talked about.

Never ever met anyone in my life that Loved a Team like he did.  He had AUBURN door mats.  "A" cups, mugs, hats, season tickets every year, and not in the nose-bleed seats either...  Even his car was "A" Blue!

OMG!  I sure miss that Guy!  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

@Ruby Laine  If you are an Ohio fan, I want you to know how grateful all Nebraska fans are for the Ohio players and their attempt at a playing a game last week in Lincoln. Ohio did kick-off. Mother Nature was full of lightening and torential rains; it was horrible. The game was ultimately cancelled (after many delays). It was an awful night. The Ohio  players had given up their motel/hotel rooms and had to catch their plane back to Ohio that night for everyone.

We lived in Shaker Heights, Ohio in the late '70's and became great football and baseball fans while there. Never have lost the love for those teams!

Hope NE vs OH will be able to reschedule their game later in the season. Sending Ohio best wishes on the rest of their games and thanking their team for trying to play on such an awful night. It . was . horrible . in . Lincoln . 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1 WAR EAGLE!!!!!   You must be in N. AL, I think that is where the majority of AL fans are, I live in the Capitol City, and we have a fair amount of Auburn fans here, all my friends are, plus we are only 45 mins. from Auburn!

The difference between AL & Auburn fans  .......  AL fans love AL football, Auburn fans Love Auburn!!!

Nice to know a fellow Alabamian and an Auburn fan  ......  WDE!!!

Valued Contributor

Hello, @BirkiLady—I know Akron wanted to play, but that’s Mother Nature. 

I had a college boyfriend from Shaker Heights!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

In Alabama, we don't have professional football. We have college football.  I am a Auburn fan in a world of Alabama fans.  I'm for Auburn because my father pulled for them.  That simple.  Here in Alabama, Bama football is discussed 12 months out of the year.  Every night on sports news.  You can't escape it.  So when the college football season begins elsewhere, in Alabama, it has never ended.  The Bama fans here are obnoxious, hateful and quite frankly full of themselves.  No good sportsmanship from their camp.  I have never hoped that Bama would lose games but after a lot of verbal ugliness at work last night, I hope they lose a lot of games and are left out of the playoffs.  For the next several years.  There, I said it.  Alabama fans are losers off the field.   

That would pretty much be 90% of the University of Michigan fan base as well. Even though the majority of them seemingly not only didn't finish high school, much less attend college, they couldn't find Ann Arbor on a map if they had to. Ignore them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1, but they have Jim Harbaugh. Paybacks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]