Respected Contributor

he is either very immature, very confused or receiving very bad advice.  i wish him well and hope he gets it together.

Esteemed Contributor

You can agree or disagree with policies of our country...you can donate to causes, you can join groups that agree with you....you can vote against a candidate who's promises you don't agree with ......you can state your opinions and not use your job positon as a forum................you agree to disagree..................there is a time and place.....but i feel he was very disrespectful to our country, our forces who risk their lives daily to bring us freedom and can't respect him

for those reasons..............and the fact that NOW he is out of a job ......he is willing to stand for the National Anthem if another teams picks him up?????  Hope the teams all pass him by.....................and hope a team isn't desperate enough to hire him .

Honored Contributor

He'll get a new job and it won't take long. The hot rumor has him going to the Seahawks to back up Russell Wilson. The two have similar skill sets.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

It would do my heart good if no team lower their standards and takes this troublemaker on.  He's been a locker room problem from day 1.  He had a little success, but let's face it, he just doesn't have what it takes. 

Honored Contributor

Did he break up with his girlfriend? I read that she was the impetus behind his activism. I am completely sympathetic to his cause, but for me all his anthem protest did was call attention to him. Not to race relations. 

I am not a person who doesn't see the many flaws of the US. But I always stand for the anthem, hand over my heart. I will also always defend his right to do what he did though, even if I think it was misdirected and ineffective.

It had no effect on my interest in the NFL. Their treatment of domestic violence disgusts me, yet I still watch. For me personally that treatment is far more offensive than CK's protest.

He was so talented in his heyday, don't know what happened.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Did he break up with his girlfriend? I read that she was the impetus behind his activism. I am completely sympathetic to his cause, but for me all his anthem protest did was call attention to him. Not to race relations. 

I am not a person who doesn't see the many flaws of the US. But I always stand for the anthem, hand over my heart. I will also always defend his right to do what he did though, even if I think it was misdirected and ineffective.

It had no effect on my interest in the NFL. Their treatment of domestic violence disgusts me, yet I still watch. For me personally that treatment is far more offensive than CK's protest.

He was so talented in his heyday, don't know what happened.

Kaepernick's play likely fell off due to injuries and chaos around him. He injured a foot in 2013 but tried to play through it, then had three surgeries this past offseason (left shoulder, left knee, right thumb.) When you have surgery on both your left shoulder and right thumb (he's a right handed quarterback) you lose your ability to train as much as you should. I believe he lost something like twenty plus pounds of muscle mass after his off season of surgeries.

He was a gamer in 2013 and tried to play through the foot injury. He had offseason surgery on that in 2013. He's got a rod in his leg from an earlier injury. The guy's been pretty beat up playing football.

Chip Kelly held him out of contact for the early part of the season to try and get him stronger, but there's only so much you can do to build strength quickly. Add in the chaos around him as they had near yearly coaching changes, loss of good players around him, and more injuries, and the dropoff in his play in understandable.

What he needs is some stability. Get in a system that doesn't change from year to year. Surround him with some talented players. Find a way to keep him healthy and get him back to his playing weight and chances are Kaepernick would be a top fifteen quarterback again. He won't be a Brady, Rodgers, or the like, but he'd keep a team competitive and with the right cast around him, could win you a Super Bowl. Seattle seems like the perfect landing spot for him. A solid coaching staff. A system that fits his skillset. He'd be a good backup for Russell Wilson. And he's got a talented team around him. He'd probably prefer a starting job someplace, but for him, the best situation might just be the backup spot in Seattle. He could get strong, rebuild his confidence, rebuild his reputation, and enhance his future value.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!