Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 - I am so impressed with your emotional intelligence and conciliatory comments. Agree with you - sometimes I hold my breath, hoping young athletes don't let their emotions or pride get the best of them. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kansas City Chiefs!!!!

[ Edited ]

@chlema As KC gets to know Reid better, we're impressed with the interest he takes in his players and staff. He sets a great example of how to treat women to these young, aggressive, proud men. He's a 'dad' figure to so many of them. I've also observed Reid give a few players the benefit of the doubt when less compassionate fans wanted to run these players out of town. Yes, players are loyal to him. When they said they wanted to win the SB for Reid -- they meant it. Reid has experienced personal loss in the death of his son. His tender side is genuine.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@Phantom41 - I also enjoyed the Royals' baseball parade in 2015. We Midwestern fans know how to show our appreciation. I'll hang back and watch my grandson while son and older grandson enjoy the parade. The college I work at is closing down on Wednesdy for Chiefs' parade, just as they did for the Royals' parade. If you get a chance to attend -- enjoy, stay warm and be safe!  

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@chlema As KC gets to know Reid better, we're impressed with the interest he takes in his players and staff. He sets a great example of how to treat women to these young, aggressive, proud men. He's a 'dad' figure to so many of them. I've also observed Reid give a few players the benefit of the doubt when less compassionate fans wanted to run these players out of town. Yes, players are loyal to him. When they said they wanted to win the SB for Reid -- they meant it. Reid has experienced personal loss in the death of his son. His tender side is genuine.     

I love Andy Reid...so sorry he lost his son. His grandchildren are usally there to see him at the end of the games..! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West