Honored Contributor

Re: KC Chiefs Asst. Coach Britt Reid Car Wreck

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

I get ya'!

We had a recent case where a father of 3 was driving home from work when his truck broke down and he was walking the remaining one mile to home, when he was hit & killed by a drunk driver.

This young woman had been drinking at a local bar and once she arrived home, she called 911 to report 'damage' to her car while she was in the bar.

The 'damage' was DNA evidence from the victim that she hit..

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt 

I get ya'!

We had a recent case where a father of 3 was driving home from work when his truck broke down and he was walking the remaining one mile to home, when he was hit & killed by a drunk driver.

This young woman had been drinking at a local bar and once she arrived home, she called 911 to report 'damage' to her car while she was in the bar.

The 'damage' was DNA evidence from the victim that she hit..

@KingstonsMom 

So sad.....  and no sense of responsibility or remorse ....I guess its part of the addiction illness....but still.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Reid has been suspended by the team, announced today. Investigation continues.

Valued Contributor

@Spurt The lack of a "sense of responsibility and remorse" is not part of the addiction, it's a lack of Conscience. What happened to that feature of the human personality in our culture? When two generations use the boob tube to babysit, and therefore raise, their children, this is exactly what you get. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@furbabylover wrote:

@Spurt The lack of a "sense of responsibility and remorse" is not part of the addiction, it's a lack of Conscience. What happened to that feature of the human personality in our culture? When two generations use the boob tube to babysit, and therefore raise, their children, this is exactly what you get. 

@furbabylover 

I think their mental function is distorted by the alcohol or drugs....

Your right, some parents use electronics as babysitters. These days its the smart phones, and video games...... When I was in the grocery store awhile back a boy that looked to be about 1 was fussing and the mother gave him her phone to pacify him..or in a restaurant you can't eat in peace as the kid plays a world war III video game complete with all the combat sounds....Woman Frustrated..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Reid has been suspended by the team, announced today. Investigation continues.

Yet he hasn't been charged, even on 'DUI resulting in bodily injury' at the very least, even though it's been proven that he was DUI, besides his confession!

Like I said, in the 'celeb' world, (be it sports or whatever), it's not who you know, it's who.......well, you can fill in the rest.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

According to today's news, he has now been terminated by the Chiefs.

Big whoop....still no charges.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom   My understanding is that his contract expired following the Chief's Super Bowl loss.  So he wasn;t actually fired; it remains to be seen if the Chiefs renew his contract.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

His contract expired, and was not renewed. The 5 year old child has brain damage.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Doubt that he will suffer any major consequences because of who he is. His name and $$$ will protect him.