Honored Contributor

Jets And Dolphins Playing In London

I'll be up tomorrow morning for the 9:30 AM kickoff! I don't like that a game is played in London each NFL season. I know this is a way for the NFL to generate more revenue. I think there is also some talk of moving an NFL team there! Do Londoners even know the rules of the game? I know they are into soccer and wonder if this is even popular there?

Honored Contributor

Re: Jets And Dolphins Playing In London

I don't understand it.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I'm only a part time football fan, so there's likely a lot I don't know.

Honored Contributor

There was an article about this very topic in my morning paper -  and yes, there is a fan base in Europe for American-style football.  It's apparently only a matter of time until a team is based there.  The writer did not speculate just how that might happen beyond saying there would always be teams in the biggest cities here.  I don't follow enough football to know who that means might be vulnerable to a move.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2   I thought it was 3 AM eastern.   pdt would 6AM according to tv and newspaper.                   tedEbear

Respected Contributor

In the Central time zone (mine), the game starts at 8:30 am tomorrow.  I just verified it on the tv schedule guide.

Honored Contributor

i think it is a fun idea! i will be up watching.....it really will be a FULL day of football tomorrow.

there will be three london games played this season.

"We believe we have a great 2015 schedule that will continue to attract new fans to our sport and strengthen the bonds with our existing fans. To provide UK fans the opportunity to see games on consecutive weekends, to see new teams, and to attend a division game, which feature some of the most passionate rivalries in our sport, are signs of the growth and depth of our UK fan base."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

While watching the game I heard them say Yahoo will be streaming the game in three weeks from London (Bills and I don't know who else). There will also be a third game this season in London.The stadium was packed so I guess this is a success for the NFL.