Honored Contributor

Re: If you could talk to 3 living athletes, who would you choose?

Roger Staubach

Peyton Manning

Nick Saban

Respected Contributor

Joe Greene

****** LeBeau

JJ Watt

Valued Contributor

Laila Ali

Charles Barkley

Al Kaline

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

@brandiwinewrote:

Joe Greene

****** LeBeau

JJ Watt

I like your defensive mind!!!   So sad you can't even say his name here!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

Terry Bradshaw

Antonio Brown

Joe Namath

There are so many more I could mention.........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal

Mine would be, in no specific order:

Nascar Hall of Famer, Bill Elliott

National Hockey League Hall of Famer Brian Leetch

Famed Exercise Physiologist Dr. David Costill

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Contributor

I'm not a big sports fan, but one person comes to mind:

GEORGE FOREMAN

I've never liked the idea of boxing, and don't care for people beating each other up, but George made quite an impression on me a few months ago in the TV series BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, in which several celebrity geezers .... Henry Winkler, William Shatner, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman, accompanied by Henry Winkler's nephew who is a comedian, made a buddy road trip around Europe and into North Africa.  There was a lot of cutting up and tomfoolery, including quite a bit of nudity that thankfully was pixilated, as the crew tried out all kinds of new foods and experiences and got on each others' nerves. 

There were some very touching moments, as Henry Winkler traced his family roots in Germany, especially his uncle who perished in the Holocaust.  William Shatner found his relatives in Lithuania. 

George Foreman was very quiet and stayed above the antics of the rest of the group as they journeyed, but toward the end, he connected with a youth boxing club similar to a club that he sponsors.  He told the story of how hard his life was growing up with a single mother who often had nothing for them to eat.  George got into boxing so he could rise above his circumstances and told how proud he was when through his boxing he could provide food for his mother.  Now he dedicates his life to helping other young men in difficult circumstances train as boxers so they can better their lives and help their families as well.  He is such a sweet humble generous loving man.

One of the highlights of the show was when the group were locked into an "escape room," where you are given clues you have to solve in order to get out of the room.  As the others clowned around, they realized they would have to get serious to get out of the room .... and some of them were getting anxious/claustrophobic in the process.  George just stood to the side surveying the mayhem.  As the tensions mounted, suddenly George said, "Is that the door?" pointing to a section of one of the walls.  "I think it is ..." the others observed.  George walked over to the door and rammed his fist into it, creating a gaping hole.  Another punch or two and he had totally blown open the door with his sheer strength enabling them all to escape. 

Brains and brawn and a humble heart!  What's not to like? 

If I had to pick two more athletes, I'd probably pick:

#2  PHIL MICKELSON because he has done so well playing golf in spite of having psoriatic arthritis, which can cause crippling joint pain and damage.

#3  JOSE ALTUVE, one of the big stars of the World Series Champion Houston Astros, who came from Venezuela and basically was a walk-on with a big heart who has slugged his way into the record books and inspired a whole city, especially in the wake of all the destruction of Hurricane Harvey.  Another very talented humble guy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've. Talked toTom Brady but would again anytime 

Howie Long 

Aaron Rogers 

Highlighted
Contributor

What a fun topic!

My three are:

Cal Ripken

Terry Bradshaw

Jimmy Connors

Love them all and would love to meet them and maybe even steal a kiss or two....haha.  Also would love to add Steve Garvey, Clayton Kershaw, Brady Anderson and Mike Mussina to the list, just in case the first three were busy! 

Honored Contributor

@SuperShopper

have had the chance to meet phil mickelson several times. he was a customer of ours for a number of years. my s/o even hired his sister at one time when she needed a job. a very nice family.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein