Honored Contributor

John, please excuse me for not responding to your latest post.  I got busy off of the computer.

Today, NBC will air skating from France at 4 pm ET.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey @deepwaterdotter,

I understand completely. I usually stay away from this "Sports" forum until I get caught up with the hockey games on our DVR. With my wife gone Pet Sitting most of this month, I have 3-4 unwatched games. And seeing a final score before a game?  I think you get what that means.

I did catch the skating. Met this 16 year old figure skating kid when I started back skating 4 years ago. He missed making the USA Olympic Team by 2 skaters. He was that good, and now at about 21, he is even better.

He knows most of the Russian and Japanese skaters as he competed against some of them. Told me that those 2 countries have the best skaters, but China is slowly catching up.

Enjoy watching the women more because they do more skating, and less gymnastic moves, which to me breaks the smoothness of actual skating. My friend told me the Men are more into the Jumps like Quads because they get higher points than just skating. 

I'll take the graceful skating as opposed to all the jumping. I know it takes power and momentum to jump for a Quad Turn, but the beauty and grace of skating appeals more to me.

Many people I meet at the rink skating make that comment to me. "You look so smooth skating, it looks easy". Can't say I don't like the compliments, but I always tell them "it ain't" the least bit easy, much harder than running.

Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving with family/friends. Just me and our 4 furry ones today.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@kaydee50 @50Mickey 

You ladies enjoy that figure skating show. I will be skating myself in the late afternoon(hopefully all perpendicular to the ice), will DVR that show. 

Although hockey, both skating and watching is my preference, I am amazed the things figure skaters can do on their blades, also.

hckynut ⛸  🏒

@hckynut Woman Very HappyWoman WinkWoman Surprised  Imagining @hckynut in his hockey outfit, stick in hand and helmet on, a pink tutu around his waist, spinning and jumping and spinning and jumping. . . That's your Thanksgiving laugh from me to all of you out there!

Especially to @hckynut !!!!!!!