Trusted Contributor

I'm not normally superstitious and I'm almost afraid to say this ....

...bu it looks like the Mariners are off to a good start this year. Maybe they'll even have a winning season! (That really WOULD be a miracle!)

Best of luck to the Seattle Mariners who haven't had made it to the play-offs since 2001!

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm not normally superstitious and I'm almost afraid to say this ....

[ Edited ]

Well I've only lived in WA state since 2010 and since I love love baseball, I became an instant fan.

Gordon and Segura have been outstanding!

I LOVE Kyle Seager and Mike Zunino. The team is 3-1 right now so I'm very optimistic!!

Go M's!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think the Mariners have a chance of reaching the playoffs this year. The Astros are the only locks in the AL West and the other than the Yankees/Red Sox, I don't see any other AL team as a lock for a wild card spot.

I hope it's not a bad omen or a lingering injury but Nelson Cruz was placed on the DL.

Trusted Contributor

@FuzzyFace @brewhaha @Love my grandkids

I'm a Mariners fan, have been since 1995! But...its too early to tell, especially right now that I'm moaning because we're losing 9-1 already tonight. Cruz is on the DL with a sprained ankle. Felix is my biggest worry. I'm afraid his glory years are behind him.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat  I agree, Fifi's glory days are long gone. If you go to the M's FB page you will get an earfull  and an eyefull!

I think the "King's Court" needs to be permanently disbanded. He's not  the king, not even a prince. MAYBE a baron, which I believe is the bottom rung of royalty.

And don't we all just love Nelson "Nellie" Cruz?? Yes!

Hope The Big Maple/James Paxton does well in MN tomorrow!

Trusted Contributor

After the shellacking the M's took last night--Felix was "pitching" (not really--he was just throwing the ball), I started wondering if FiFi (his nickname) will even finish the season.

It's obvious that he's DONE. I wish he'd stop embarrassing himself and the fans by retiring with some dignity...not the way Jr did (Ken Griffey Jr.) by driving off into the night without bothering to say goodbye to his teammates and especially his fans.

Jr. acted like a jackass. I hope Felix Hernandez will retire before the fans start calling for his head. I have many fond memories of him and it hurts to see a pitcher who has pitched a perfect game go into the steep decline Felix has.

I love you Felix and hope you'll face the fact you just don't have it any more and move onto the next stage of life.

Super Contributor

I feel that way about the Mets!  Afraid to have any conversations about their season so far, don't want to jinx them!