Honored Contributor

I feel like I just got the memo

I'm really getting into sports now, where I had no interest before.  I want to learn more on football.  We use to travel to go to hockey games out of city, plus those in city, but tennis now catches my eye.

Better late than never they say.

I use to do basketball in my growing up years, maybe more women watch sports than I know.  Just wonder how many who post on here, are avid fans of a sport or more?

Honored Contributor

Re: I feel like I just got the memo

I really only follow professional football. I've been an avid NY. Giants fan for most of my life. This time of year gets me excited for the season. When I was in college I went to all of the basketball games, but I could never get into pro basketball.🏉🏉

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

At this time of year, I'm spending a good bit of time watching tennis.  I'll watch some football when the season begings - both college and professional.  I don't watch much basketball, other than the NCAA tournament games.  (I always felt it was a waste of time to watch other than the final period in basketball...the pace is so frantic and the scores change so quickly.) I enjoy watching golf.  On rare occasions, I'll watch a hockey game or two.  Still haven't gotten into watching soccer very much.  And as to baseball...just not a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

ME!!! I'm as comfortable in the sports conversation as I am talking makeup and fashion.  I don't run around in jerseys and wearing team apparel, so a lot of people who don't know me intimately have no idea that my passion is as great as it is.  Although I didn't pursue it, my educational path was supposed to lead to a career in sports writing.  

Baseball is my favorite, but I can watch football from noon until the clock runs out on the Sunday night game and enjoy every minute, or stay tuned into a golf tournament for every shot shown in every round.  I think LPGA (women's golf) is very good these days. The major sport I watch the least of is NBA, but in conversation with a fan that person has the feeling I'm as avid a fan as they are. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have brothers, so I was the one who watched sports w/Dad.  Whereas my sister would drift into the den and comment who was cute or had a nice butt.

My faves:  Penn State, Capitals, Ravens, Orioles, tennis, olympic sports (eg:  lacrosse, volleyball, figure skating, gymnastics).

NOT auto racing, boxing/MMA, golf, or NBA.  NCAA basketball only during March Madness.

Respected Contributor

WELCOME!  I'm 63 and can't remember a time when football wasn't a part of my life.  Can't wait for the season to get serious.  Love all 3 of the Watt brothers.  Lucky me, the youngest is playing for mt Steelers.

Esteemed Contributor

Love football.  I follow all the Florida teams but USF is my favorite.

My love started when I was in the band in high school and we went to all the games.

Years ago I was the coach's wife.  Yes, you can learn to love football.

Respected Contributor

Growing up in the Detroit area, I was raised on all 4 major sports and also Big 10 football and mens basketball.  Due to DH employment, we moved to Tulsa 32 years ago where there is not much outside of Big 12 sports and the OKC Thunder in the last couple of years.

I am an AVID RedWings and Tigers fan, and my MSU Spartans!  I do not follow the NBA as I feel it is "fixed" so that the divas always win.

This is my favorite time of year!!  NCAA kicks off tonight and NFL is next Thursday!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Growing up in the Detroit area, I was raised on all 4 major sports and also Big 10 football and mens basketball.  Due to DH employment, we moved to Tulsa 32 years ago where there is not much outside of Big 12 sports and the OKC Thunder in the last couple of years.

I am an AVID RedWings and Tigers fan, and my MSU Spartans!  I do not follow the NBA as I feel it is "fixed" so that the divas always win.

This is my favorite time of year!!  NCAA kicks off tonight and NFL is next Thursday!!!

My husband has the Detroit Lions and Detroit Tigers shirts going on all the time. So you know what will be at our house.  I use to love when Pat was the coach of the TN girls basketball.  She was so great!! Vols, that was it. Oh and Detroit Red Wings. 

Respected Contributor

I'm a big football fan, and that's saying a lot since my home team is the Cleveland Browns!  I guess there's something about living in NE Ohio with the cold snowy winters that has made us all so tough that the fans continue year after year to hold hope for our team!

Once again this year, we are encouraged with all the new rookies on the team that have been showing a lot of promise.  In particular, we have a new, young rookie quarterback, DeShone Kizer, who looks too good to be true for a rookie.  He can throw a football like a rocket downfield, he's confident and yet humble, big and tall, and he looks like a smart leader.  So, here we go again.  BTW, he is our 27th quarterback since 1999!

Laura loves cats!