Trusted Contributor

I don't get car racing, or boxing......

What sports seem odd to you? For me, I just don't understand why people like car racing.  The Indy 500 is on now.  I don't see how sitting in bleachers watching cars zip by going round and round in circles is a fun time.  Makes no sense to me.

Same with boxing.  I do not understand why people want to watch someone getting pummeled, or worse yet, actually being a boxer! 

Not meant to offend anyone, I just don't get it.  To each his own I guess.  🤔

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I don't get car racing, or boxing......

@LdyBugz Hi lady. I agree with you but no doubt we'll offend people by mentioning specific sports. I'm sure we agree -- to each h/her own so hopefully that puts the objections to rest. I'll add hunting to the 'sports' I don't like. However, I do like soccer, baseball, tennis, basketball and especially baseball and volleyball. I played softball in college. Will start playing pickleball and golf soon. Wish I knew more about rugby rules. That could be fun to watch. Missing sports and will love it when it starts back up again.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, SUMO sport, I find in fascinated watching it. Woman LOLWoman Tongue

Look per example those trim bodies, they remind us of a Adonis God body.

Asashoryu_fight_Jan08.JPG

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz   I'm with you on this.  Sitting watching loud noisy cars go round and round while spectators get a disgusting dusting of dirt!  Back in the 70's I dated a guy who raced and went to lots of local and professional races.  Couldn't wait to get home and shower!

As for boxing and even pro wrestling - well to me just ridiculous to put your body through that abuse!!  I do like high school and college wrestling though.

Esteemed Contributor

The ultimate goal in boxing is to beat your opponent unconscious. Or beat the bejeezus out of him to the point he can't stand on his own two feet. Makes no sense to me either.

Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake Oh I'm sure someone will get mad at me, but that honestly wasn't my intent.  I'll just never understand the thrill of either of those two sports, but great for those that do enjoy them.  The only sports I like watching on T.V. are football, basketball, baseball and figure skating.  I do love all of the Olympics, especially gymnastics and skating!

Trusted Contributor

@Dinaki This makes more sense to me, although I don't think I would actually watch it!

Trusted Contributor

@LdyBugz I was only kidding darling, I dont watch it either!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

What sports seem odd to you? For me, I just don't understand why people like car racing.  The Indy 500 is on now.  I don't see how sitting in bleachers watching cars zip by going round and round in circles is a fun time.  Makes no sense to me.

Same with boxing.  I do not understand why people want to watch someone getting pummeled, or worse yet, actually being a boxer! 

Not meant to offend anyone, I just don't get it.  To each his own I guess.  🤔

I don't know why not caring for a sport would offend anyone, we all like different things. In addition to the sports you mentioned, I wouldn't watch golf if it were in my back yard. I am a football fan and I know many women don't care for it, so what ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugzNot in the least offended -  we do each have our own likes and dislikes.

Sometimes I can't even figure out why I watch lots of what I watch!  Today I'm watching the Tiger-Phil charity golf match even though I know virtually nothing about gold except that they'd love for the ball to drop into a hole hundreds of yards away the tee.