Honored Contributor

I am a long suffering Mets fan, I am enjoying this season, in large part to Jacob DeGrom my favorite Met. Winning is not familiar to me, I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know every fifth day Jake pitches and gives us a chance for a win, he even helps his own cause, getting hits and driving in runs. I hope this will be a magical season, we Mets fans deserve it, being second in this town to The Yankees. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I know DeGrom is special. In your honor Go Mets !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I know DeGrom is special. In your honor Go Mets !

@QVCkitty1 I think I jinxed him, right after I posted this he left the game!

Trusted Contributor

I'm a die-hard Yankee fan, even when they stink, but I do like DeGrom!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

A lifelong Tigers fan here, but I also love DeGrom!  MVP MVP MVP!!

Side story, I have very dear friends whose daughters worked at a drycleaner in the Dallas area.  A couple of years ago Noah Syndergaard (Thor) came into the cleaners quite regularly.  These girls are not baseball fans and had no idea who he was.  When they asked his name, as they would do for any customer, he replied, "Don't you know who I am?"  REALLY, Noah NO, I don't.  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I am a long suffering Mets fan, I am enjoying this season, in large part to Jacob DeGrom my favorite Met. Winning is not familiar to me, I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know every fifth day Jake pitches and gives us a chance for a win, he even helps his own cause, getting hits and driving in runs. I hope this will be a magical season, we Mets fans deserve it, being second in this town to The Yankees. 

YOU and ME BOTH!!!

Honored Contributor

Jacob seems to put a lot of pressure on himself, you can tell how much his "mistakes" bother him. I'm glad the team bailed him out this afternoon so he didn't get the loss. Meanwhile Diaz gets the win after giving the go ahead run away. I don't like all these come from behind wins, I would like some games when the Mets are ahead early on and stay there. 

Honored Contributor

So my beloved Mets are taking a nosedive, in part because Jacob DeGrom is MIA ( I think I heard he was away from the team due to personal family matters as well as some type of injury). To me he is the heart and soul of the team his loss is huge. I do wonder what is wrong with him, his MRIs come back with no structural damage. I don't know how he feels or would I say he should work through it (no Cy Young Award for him this year) but back in the day players played through injuries, they were expected to rub some dirt on it and get in the game. I'll also add the Mets have a habit of ripping out my heart and stomping all over it.