Frequent Contributor

Re: How's Your Baseball Team Doing

Lovin' my Pirates.  Let's go Bucs!!!!

Honored Contributor

After being afraid to mention it a month ago, I'm feeling MUCH braver.

MY METS are going strong. This is the first time IN YEARS that I've actually gotten interested, and I was a fan FROM THE FIRST GAME all hose yeas ago.

Now if they do a decent job in the playoffs, the n trade all of their best players during the off season, I'll just go back to where I was in 1970 and 1987.........

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

After being afraid to mention it a month ago, I'm feeling MUCH braver.

MY METS are going strong. This is the first time IN YEARS that I've actually gotten interested, and I was a fan FROM THE FIRST GAME all hose yeas ago.

Now if they do a decent job in the playoffs, the n trade all of their best players during the off season, I'll just go back to where I was in 1970 and 1987.........

I've  been a Mets fan since elementary school (1969  - do  the math!) so I've been with them through thick and thin. I don't get down about some of their years,   I look at it this way- it's not if you win or lose, it's how you play the game. Kind of  a message about life!  Although this year is VERY NICE!!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Watching today's game against the Braves the Mets don't ever give up! It use to be  if the other team scored 2 runs in the first inning I would change the channel knowing they wouldn't come back. Now I never count them out!

Valued Contributor

Welp, my team is the Red Sox, so take it from there!  Last place in our division baby!!  Where the heck is the thumbs down emotie when you need his little arse...  Man Tongue

Honored Contributor

Well the Subway Series (Mets and Yankees) is starting in 10 minutes! I remember seeing the schedule in April and thinking who cares about the Subway Series in September! Little did I know how important these games were going to be to both teams! GO METS!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Well the Subway Series (Mets and Yankees) is starting in 10 minutes! I remember seeing the schedule in April and thinking who cares about the Subway Series in September! Little did I know how important these games were going to be to both teams! GO METS!!!

The subway series was defiinitely a struggle for the Mets-  we're back on  track now!  I  was at Monday night's  game, it was terrific. 

Honored Contributor

I really hope the Mets can clinch today so I can exhale and RELAX!

Honored Contributor

I'm a Red Sox fan too.

I was just in a car accident and my SUV was totalled. I left the Red Sox magnets and clings with the car...RIP.

I won't replace them until next training camp!

Trusted Contributor

Cubbies clinched a spot for the NL Wild Card.  YAHOO!!!!  Wonder if they are going to revise how playoff berths are earned.  Cardinals, Pittsburgh, and Cubs have the best record in baseball

( 1, 2, and 3) and they are all in the same division.  I believe all three teams have a better record than all the AL teams but the Bucs and Cubbies only get wild card slots.  Maybe they should just go by total wins rather than have winners in each division.