Honored Contributor

Re: Home Run Derby and All Star Game

@Jordan2  I was so thrilled to see Pete Alonso donate a portion of his winnings to charity.   Good for him!  

I was so rooting for him during the Home Run Derby!  

What a year for him..........a  major league 1st baseman, AS game, HR derby............his star shines brightly.    Every time I've seen him interviewed, he is humble, polite and grateful for the opportunities baseball affords him.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Jordan2  I was so thrilled to see Pete Alonso donate a portion of his winnings to charity.   Good for him!  

What a year for him..........a  major league 1st baseman, AS game, HR derby............his star shines brightly.    Every time I've seen him interviewed, he is humble, polite and grateful for the opportunities baseball affords him.  

I hope he becomes the face of the franchise as David Wright was.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

I hope he becomes the face of the franchise as David Wright was.

@Jordan2  I do too.  He reminds me of David...humble, thankful, team first, etc. 

Good luck to your boys tonight in Miami. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I love baseball but I didn't even watch the All Star Game. Watched about half an hour of the HR Derby. Usually I'm interested in both, not this year.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"