Honored Contributor

Greg Hardy/Nicole Holder photos.

The Cowboys have a nationally televised game this week so the Greg Hardy domestic abuse case has been raised from the dead by the website Deadspin.com releasing the photos, police interviews, 911 tapes, etc.. The Cowboys aren't commenting at this point, but they'll have to by Sunday night. The photos were arguably taken at the ideal time for Greg Hardy having been taken immediately after the event when the bruising wasn't as apparent as it likely was a few days later. The Cowboys are playing with fire keeping Hardy on the roster, but he's arguably their best defender now. This will be interesting to see how they respond to this. I would have never signed him to begin with, but the Cowboys did and JJ has been praising him to the sky, so we'll have to see how this all plays out. How the team reacts to the reality of the photos will also be interesting. A few players had been pretty vocal against signing him and those photos won't make them feel happier about it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Greg Hardy/Nicole Holder photos.

I hadn't heard about the photos being released. Wonder if this will affect the game? Hardy is one of their best players, but the Cowboys can't easily dismiss this. It might make the Cowboys even more determined on the field, or it could do the opposite by being too much of a distraction. There's no way of knowing.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

It's interesting that the NFL is more irate about under inflated footballs, then the abuse of a

woman. And  Jerry Jones, well there are no words, at least none that can be used on this

board !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's interesting that the NFL is more irate about under inflated footballs, then the abuse of a

woman. And  Jerry Jones, well there are no words, at least none that can be used on this

board !

The NFL initially suspended Hardy for ten games, but a judge shortened the suspension to just four games. As to JJ, well, I'm not a fan.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

As a long-time Cowboy's fan I would like to respond to this post as of course any Eagle's fan or any competitor of the Cowboy's would like for their team not to have to face the pass rush of Greg Hardy.  However, no matter how good he may be as a football player, I wish he was not playing for the Cowboys or any other team.  But don't look for him to be kicked off the team as long as he can play the game.  That's the bottom line, and unfortunately he could play for other teams as well.  I'm afraid he won't be the last domestic abuser to play in the NFL which is a real shame.  I hate the message this sends to boys and girls.