Honored Contributor

Re: Green Bay Packers fans petition for:

We Green Bay fans spend a lot of time complaining about this duo.  I'd like to think it is done in fun, because those who really hate them can turn down the volume and listen to the radio broadcast.  

Respected Contributor

RetRN - I have actually turned the sound off on the TV when those 2 are the announcers and turned the radio on!  Only problem is there is a delay on TV, so I know what is going to happen before it is shown on TV, lol!  

They have shown their dislike or bias or whatever you want to call it toward the Packers many times and in many ways over the years.  They are so, shall we say less than enthusiastic, when the Packers are doing well during a game, but perk up like crazy when the other team does something well. They have been very well aware of these complaints against them for a long time. I think they are trying to be a bit more careful, but it still shows!

I do wish they would review the play that fractured Jordy's ribs - it was illegal and should be addressed.

GO PACK!

Trusted Contributor

I believe they are the no. 1 team to broadcast football games, I'm pretty sure they aren't going anywhere.

We get some of the Packer games, but I've not noticed any blatant bias.

Respected Contributor

This is HILARIOUS!!!   YES, Aikman and Buck are VERY biased, but their short list includes Dallas (which Aikman refers to as "us" and "we"),  Patriots, Packers and any other team who is doing well and/or has a superstar

Try being a lifelong Lions fan and listening to ANY national announcer.  I wish the NFL offered local broadcasts through Directv.  When we watch the RedWings or Tigers or Pistons, Fox carries local broadcasts (especially with the home team)

DETROIT v EVERYBODY

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

this is the first i heard of this petition.  

I remember growing up and attending Packer games (am from the Green Bay Area). They would have former Packer players announcing games.

Packer people are so passionate about thier football team. Am still a die hard Packer backer . 

As long as the announcers are fair to both teams that is all I am looking to hear.