Respected Contributor

Going to my first Football Game!

Have never been to a live game - must admit find the game a bit confusing but I love baseball, soccer and rugby - being a Brit - so today am off to see the 49ers v Chicago Cubs at Levi stadium with kids, grandkids, in laws.

All are die hard 49er fans so this is a big first for me.  Excited to see it all.

Valued Contributor

Re: Going to my first Football Game!

@dulwich wrote:

Have never been to a live game - must admit find the game a bit confusing but I love baseball, soccer and rugby - being a Brit - so today am off to see the 49ers v Chicago Cubs at Levi stadium with kids, grandkids, in laws.

All are die hard 49er fans so this is a big first for me.  Excited to see it all.

That would be the Chicago Bears. Have fun! Go Bears!

Respected Contributor

The Chicago Cubs...too funny. Have a wonderful time @dulwich!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich In case you're wondering... the Cubs are one of Chicago's baseball teams, the Bears are the Chicago football team... Smiley Wink Hope you enjoy the experience !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb  Oh goodness I am really confused - definitely will not tell my family about this 'error' shoot feel so daft!  Plus just been yelled at 'wear red'.

Respected Contributor

The stress - got name wrong, all I have red are fancy dress red knickers - do not think I can wear that - will I even last the car journey - can't believe I got the name wrong!  Thank you Ladies for correcting me imagine if I got name wrong at game!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich Not to worry... an easy enough mistake... As for wearing red, were it me, I'd don a pair of jeans and go with a red sweater or jacket if you have one... Those games last a long time and comfort will be essential...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Chicago Cubs?????   Omg   You really do not know anything about football.  It's the Bears...LOL 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree  I was actually seated next to Chicago fans who kept me well informed - so thank goodness Ladies here corrected me!

Had a great time, loved every minute from tailgating to the game, great seats, great people am definitely going again.  Now buying Football for Dummies book!

Contributor

How did you like the live American football game?  I recall the one and only time I saw a live rugby game in France and I was totally lost.  One of my upcoming trips I am going to try and see European football, like the Chelsea football club.  That might be easier to watch Smiley Happy