Esteemed Contributor

Re: Going to Yankee Stadium in Sept

@nana59 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

can't help you with yankee stadium....but just wanted to share my excitement that i'm going to fenway tomorrow night....this will be my fifth time there....but i've never seen a ballgame.....billy joel will be the only guy on the field...and that's fine with me!!  hope you get some helpful info.....

@nana59 love Billy !!! Heart Fenway is fun, too - I lived right by the park during college and went to many games !!

my husband went to northeastern u in boston....in the late 60's.....he said he went to a lot of games.....for 2 bucks!!  i'll tell billy you said hi!!  i'm running away with him after the concert.....but at 68, i don't know how fast i can run....it's been awhile!

@nana59 lol! I was at boston u during the late 1970's. We're each too old for Billy, he likes them YOUNG !! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

can't help you with yankee stadium....but just wanted to share my excitement that i'm going to fenway tomorrow night....this will be my fifth time there....but i've never seen a ballgame.....billy joel will be the only guy on the field...and that's fine with me!!  hope you get some helpful info.....

@nana59 love Billy !!! Heart Fenway is fun, too - I lived right by the park during college and went to many games !!

so did I

@jackthebear 1980 Boston U grad here!! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

my husband went to northeastern u in boston....in the late 60's.....he said he went to a lot of games.....for 2 bucks!!  i'll tell billy you said hi!!  i'm running away with him after the concert.....but at 68, i don't know how fast i can run....it's been awhile!

@nana59 lol! I was at boston u during the late 1970's. We're each too old for Billy, he likes them YOUNG !! Woman LOL

i just turned 68.....heard that's the new 30!!!

Regular Contributor

We have taken the subway numerous times from Bryant Part, 42nd St. The D train has never taken longer than 30 min. Since we are seniors we go to an attended window and get fares half price. We have driven in many times from NJ. Never again! The traffic can be horrendous and the parking is outrageous. My advice: get there early, not long after the gates open. The first thing to do is go to Monument Park. This closes a half hour before game time and there is a line. Then have your dinner from some interesting food trucks around the park: there are always lines after the game starts. There is also an interesting museum to visit. If you’re done with all that before the game you can enjoy batting practice and watching them get the field ready.  The subway is kind of a madhouse after the game but it’s part of the fun.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a complete guide to Yankee Stadium. What to bring, how to get there, all the food and amenities, everything. I think advice to get there well before game time, close to when the gates open, is well worth heeding. The stadium holds 45,000 people and a Boston game means high spirits. So get there with time to find seats, get to a bathroom ( long lines  for ladies, sometimes), explore the highlights like Monument Park, etc. , get food or souvenirs. It will be memorable and rockin’. Lucky you to have tickets. Have fun  (but stay aware of your belongings there and on the subway.) 

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/ballpark/information

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Any tips for going to Yankee Stadium?

I understand to take the D train from Midtown (columbus Circle) and it will take about 30 minutes. Is this correct?

How long are the security lines?

Bag restrictions?

Should we expect long waits for trains when leaving?

Hoping for good weather vs the Red Sox!!

Hi @granddi Smiley Happy 

Lots of great advice offered here.  

Stadium stuff/food/souvenirs/drinks are expensive. 

Have fun!  Goooooooo Yankees! 

A Sox/Yankees game will be rockin the stadium!  I don't know you  and I'm jealous. Is that wrong? Smiley Wink  Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.