Respected Contributor

Going to Yankee Stadium in Sept

Any tips for going to Yankee Stadium?

I understand to take the D train from Midtown (columbus Circle) and it will take about 30 minutes. Is this correct?

How long are the security lines?

Bag restrictions?

Should we expect long waits for trains when leaving?

Hoping for good weather vs the Red Sox!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Going to Yankee Stadium in Sept

can't help you with yankee stadium....but just wanted to share my excitement that i'm going to fenway tomorrow night....this will be my fifth time there....but i've never seen a ballgame.....billy joel will be the only guy on the field...and that's fine with me!!  hope you get some helpful info.....

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

can't help you with yankee stadium....but just wanted to share my excitement that i'm going to fenway tomorrow night....this will be my fifth time there....but i've never seen a ballgame.....billy joel will be the only guy on the field...and that's fine with me!!  hope you get some helpful info.....

@nana59 love Billy !!! Heart Fenway is fun, too - I lived right by the park during college and went to many games !!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

Any tips for going to Yankee Stadium?

I understand to take the D train from Midtown (columbus Circle) and it will take about 30 minutes. Is this correct?

How long are the security lines?

Bag restrictions?

Should we expect long waits for trains when leaving?

Hoping for good weather vs the Red Sox!!

@granddi can't say for Yankee Stadium, but the security lines are long at Citifield. Give yourself at least 1/2 hr for the line. Citifield is very strict  with items you can/cannot bring, check the Yankees website for restrictions. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@nana59 love Billy !!! Heart Fenway is fun, too - I lived right by the park during college and went to many games !!

my husband went to northeastern u in boston....in the late 60's.....he said he went to a lot of games.....for 2 bucks!!  i'll tell billy you said hi!!  i'm running away with him after the concert.....but at 68, i don't know how fast i can run....it's been awhile!

Super Contributor

Years ago I went to a Red Sox games with my family at Fenway Park.

When we left the stadium their were some men standing out side with signs and chanting bad things about the Yankees.

Funny thing is the Yankees weren't even playing them that night. 

Is is it still like that at Fenway.

Honored Contributor

they check your bags, but no restrictions on size type I think

line was quick but I was going up to a mezzanine area

as for leaving, I would think it's probably a rush to get to the subway.   we drove in from Jersey

I had never been there and it was really fun

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

so did I

Respected Contributor

Have you tried googling Yankee Stadium entry requirements? We went to a Jets game at the Meadowlands (yep, it was a while ago) after they’d just started implementing entry security checkpoints. We drove and had extra hats, scarves, gloves, etc. in a small duffel bag. Right before we left the parking lot, I asked a woman tailgating next to us if we’d have a problem taking our stuff into the stadium. She said they’d just started requiring bags to be made of clear vinyl so they could check them quickly. They’d most likely make us leave our bag outside. We stuffed our pockets and left the duffel bag in the car. If you’re taking the subway, you won’t have anyplace to leave something if you can’t bring it into the stadium with you. Billy Joel puts on a great show! Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your replies.

I have been to Fenway too.

I have checked the online information.

I was just looking for local knowledge about the Meto to Yankee Stadium.