Honored Contributor

Firefighter Playing In The Masters

I love this story. His name is Matt Parziale, he's 30 years old and a full time firefighter in Brockton, MA. He qualified for the Masters when he won the US Mid Amateur Championship last October.

His father is his caddie. Yesterday he played a nine hole practice round with Tiger Woods. Tiger said he really enjoyed playing with Matt and hearing his fire department stories. He was impressed by the fact that he's a firefighter and plays golf at that level. Tiger also said that Matt is a very good player and he's really impressed by his game.

Matt on the right.

DZ9uhxBU8AA-0ye.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Firefighter Playing In The Masters

Yeah!
Honored Contributor

05MASTERSFIRE-INYT1-blog427.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21thanks for sharing this inspirational and interesting story!!  I don't follow golf, but I will follow this, for sure!! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just turned it on, unfortunately he's in 86th place.😯 Top 50 make the cut to advance.

His father is a retired firefighter, he was a captain.

Honored Contributor

I will quote my son a "cancer survivor" & mentor to kids who play ice hockey on his youth team:

"It's not about winning or losing its about the experiences one is lucky enough to live".

He lives everyday like tomorrow won't come...good advice for everyone!!!