Esteemed Contributor

Re: Figure Skating

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam wrote:

@xrayrox 

Thank you soo much!!!((hugs))) and Smiley Happy

Loved   Scott Heartand his skatingHeart

@cowboy sam When I went to college in northern Ohio, I worked in the cafeteria with Scott Hamilton's sister and she looked a lot like him.  Scott was just getting going then as far as competitions & such.  I don't remember his sister's name, but I do remember her telling me that she could not afford to have a land line phone at home.  She was married with kids.

Edited to add :  Sue - I remembered Scott's sister's name is Sue.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam 

@kaydee50 

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe Scott Hamilton is the 1st & only skater who can do a FRONT flip on ice skates.

=======================================

Last night I watched a little female ice skating.  There was this young girl 16 yrs old.  She wore a black cat suit & skated to Christina Aguilera.  The commentator mentioned that he & the 16 yr old are the only competing & retired skaters in the world (that he knows of) turns RIGHT on skats naturally.  All other skaters turn from the left.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@xrayrox 

Thank you soo much!!!((hugs))) and Smiley Happy

Loved   Scott Heartand his skatingHeart

@cowboy sam When I went to college in northern Ohio, I worked in the cafeteria with Scott Hamilton's sister and she looked a lot like him.  Scott was just getting going then as far as competitions & such.  I don't remember his sister's name, but I do remember her telling me that she could not afford to have a land line phone at home.  She was married with kids.

Edited to add :  Sue - I remembered Scott's sister's name is Sue.

@Puppy Lips 

ty for your information.

Scott always had a smile on his face  and so humble and loved everyone..i hope he is still healthy and able to skate.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@cowboy sam   I think you're thinking of Scott Hamilton who won the Olympics in 1984.  Yes, he is one of the greats!

He mc'd the last Olympics, if I'm not mistaken?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 @cowboy sam @Mz iMac @Puppy Lips @Big Joanie 

Watched the men's short program .. tuned in just in time. Nathan Chen has really improved and I enjoyed watching him today.

Saw the 3 women who made the USA Olympic team being presented.

I'm  looking forward to watching Shomo Una and the young woman Russian Valieva...she is nothing short of gifted.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't Scott Hamilton do a BACKFLIP? I really enjoyed his enthusiasm and great skill. 

Honored Contributor

I can barely hear the music.  If I turn it up to hear the music Johnny & Tara are too loud.  Ruins it for me.  They're skating to music, not commentating.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian 

Yes,he didHeart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I have noticed that also and its not our tvs...they have turned the back ground music  down that they are skating to  so we can barely hear it!    Booo!!!But did did Hear Starry,Stary night  or is it Vincent? 

Its about the skaters& music i want to see and hear!They need to wait until afterwards to make comments!

But i do dislike odd music playing on some tv shows when people are talking and muscic has nothing to do where or what they are doing!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I agree! I complained rather publicly about two years ago; then didb't watch. It just turned me off.

Started watching the figure skating again a couple of days ago and those two were obviously quiet during the performances. Now they are back to hearing themselves BLAB during and destroying all of it, at least for me.

Sometimes I wonder if these girls really resent their chosen field? It would be difficult continuing to put in the hours if one wasn't really determined.