Honored Contributor

Been watching the U.S. Nationals.  I record them so I can skip the endless commercials.  Haven't watched much of the dance competitions in recent years but very much enjoyed the "rhtymic" dance last night.  More competition today.

Haven't watched the women's final yet.  Hoping Mariah Bell wins!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

YES!

I am looking forward to watching!

Recorded something and now I'm not sure what!

will watch later!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I used to be a figure skater, during the last millenium, but continue to follow the sport. The rules changes of years ago (inadvertently I think) have created a kind of sameness in routines and an emphasis on triple jumps. Yes, skating is an athletic event but the beauty of it is that it is also artistic and creative. I miss that part of it. And I did enjoy hearing about the "old lady"who won at the advanced age of 25.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian  Agree about the over emphasis on jumps especially by the Russian women.  But I just watched 14 year old Isabeau LaVito.  Can do the requisite triples but also an elegant and complete skater.  Look foward to watching her in the coming years.

And there is always Jason Brown who is the best skater even without a lot of difficult jumps!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

I agree about Jason!

But i rem. many years ago the  male skater that had brain tumor,then testical cancer..or reverse order..i can see his face but not his name??

He and his friends also skaters used to go on tours and show their skills..doing almost anything.

He could put these new younger ice skaters to shame  as back then it was so different.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Vivian 

Do you   also rem. the skater i am refering to?

He was slight in frame and could really wow us..doing summersalts,all kinds of jumps,etc.

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam   I think you're thinking of Scott Hamilton who won the Olympics in 1984.  Yes, he is one of the greats!

Frequent Contributor

Scott Hamilton🥰one of my favorites for years. Won a gold medal at the Olympics 

Honored Contributor

@xrayrox 

Thank you soo much!!!((hugs))) and Smiley Happy

Loved   Scott Heartand his skatingHeart

preds 06-21-20
Respected Contributor

Just love love love Jason Brown ....